Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tough Run

Let me start by saying that the only thing that motivated me to run today was the fact that I told you all I was going to, and that I was going to write about it afterward. So thanks for the motivation folks! I had a killer headache this afternoon. So I came home, changed my clothes, took some Excedrin, and got my ass out of the house before I could take a second glance at my comfy bed.

I stopped off to drop off some dvd's I rented last week, A because they were already late, and B so it would give the Excedrin time to sink in. After dropping off the dvds I made my way over to the trail at the park where I did a 5k once or twice.

It did not go as smoothly as I had hoped. Less than half way through I had cramps in my calves, my achilles tendons felt like they were going to be ripped to shreds (that may or may not be an exaggeration), and I thought my lungs were going to collapse. I have asthma (something I didn't have before) so now I'm trying to learn to run with this whole not being able to breathe problem. It really sucks.

I walked a little more than I wanted to and much more than I'm willing to admit. Maybe I didn't stretch enough or something. But I am sore now.

On a brighter note, I drank more water than usual. Around 100 oz, give or take a few. Thanks to my lovely 34 oz Quick Trip mug. For dinner tonight, I'm thinking a scrambled egg with asparagus and shredded parmesan (the good stuff, not Kraft).

On the agenda for tomorrow: Another 3 miles, hopefully with less muscle pain and a better lung capacity (not gonna hold my breath). Haha. That was a bad joke. I still laughed.

Thanks again for reading, and I hope you'll be back to read about tomorrow's adventures.

-A

No comments :

Post a Comment