Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 5: It's Friday!

I'm so happy the weekend is here! Going to the Zoo/Forest Park tomorrow evening. Oh and having lunch with my beautiful sister. :) This is going to be a great weekend.

Last night was also really great. My boyfriend made a surprise visit to see me. We went to Pilot House for dinner. I got the brisket sandwich with a side salad. The salad was delicious, and their dressing is so good! Of course when my sandwich came out, I just ate the meat--no bread! And I didn't even finish it all. I was stuffed. But it was delicious. If you live in Cape and haven't been to Pilot House, you should. Their barbeque is amazing!

I actually made breakfast this morning too instead of just eating a piece of fruit (which I didn't have because my last banana was getting brown spots and I refuse to eat bananas once they start to look like that). It wasn't anything fancy . . . just scrambled eggs, but they were yummy! May have overdone it a little on the pepper, but they were good anyway.

Lunch today is all veggies. Broccoli and cheese, cucumbers, and carrots. And 90-calorie ranch dip. No I'm not giving up ranch dip. It's too good. And it's only 90 calories, so I feel like I can afford to eat it. Next week I start cooking. Which basically means experimenting and probably screwing up a lot. Hopefully a few things turn out okay. It would be pretty discouraging if everything I made sucked.

Also, I feel I should clarify for those who have been asking questions as to why I'm on a "diet." I'm not trying to lose weight by eating this way (okay I wouldn't mind losing a few extra pounds). I'm not fat, and I know this. But I do need to tone up which is what exercise is for. The "diet" is more of a lifestyle change. I generally eat a lot of really unhealthy foods. I needed to cut most of that out to train for the half marathon anyway, so doing Paleo for at least 30 days seemed like a good idea. Once the thirty days is up, I'm going to evaluate how well it worked and I will modify it if needed. So I'm not "dieting" in the sense most people think. I am changing my overall diet to be healthier, more fit, etc.

Going to attempt to run again today after work. Hopefully there is more running than walking this time.  Fingers crossed.

Enjoy your Friday everyone!

-A

No comments :

Post a Comment