Saturday, June 9, 2012

Getting Better

About five minutes after I published my last post, I heard saws outside. I can't tell what they're doing, but it looks like a table saw. Maybe. I really have no idea what I'm talking about. So much for an afternoon nap. And if anyone is looking for those obnoxious kids, I'd start by asking those guys.

Anyhoo, I had a pretty decent workout today. I did lots of ab exercises with my 8 pound medicine ball. Then I did some lunges and wall-sits. I figured maybe if I start doing some more strength exercises like that it might keep my legs from hurting so bad. I started off walking my route. After I got warmed up, I ran about a mile and a half and then alternated after that. The whole route was about 3.5 miles. I feel pretty good. Not too sore, and I stopped running shortly after I started feeling pain rather than trying to push through it. That seemed to help. I think tomorrow I'm going to go for a long walk on one of the trails around here. It will be longer than most routes I run, but I'm going to walk the majority of it.

My only other complaint during my workout today is that my fingers swelled up pretty bad. This happens pretty frequently when I run and it's really annoying and slightly uncomfortable. Of course this is only minor compared to the pain in my legs the other night. But I've been doing research online. It looks like the cause of it is low/diluted sodium. I'm almost positive it isn't caused by dehydration, because for the most part, I drink plenty of water. So maybe I need to drink more Gatorade before I run, rather than just after. It's a beautiful day though. Sunny, breezy, clouds moving in. I'll be happy if it rains/storms later. I love a good summer storm.

Now time to shower and avoid overflowing my bathtub then off to run some errands and find something to do the rest of the day. I'm considering another movie night. This time with popcorn. You can never go wrong with popcorn :)

-A

No comments :

Post a Comment