Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Poor Empty Fridge, and Even Emptier Stomach

I am slowly inching my way toward being completely out of food. I went to make my lunch this morning and found that my bread was moldy. So I couldn't make a sandwich. Everything else I have requires a lot of cooking, which I obviously didn't have time for before work. So I'll definitely be starting this Paleo thing next week (probably Tuesday-ish).

People who are really strict with the Paleo diet seriously eat nothing but things they could go out and pick in a field or a forest or something. Zero dairy. And if the meat is grain-fed, they won't eat that either (I'm not even sure how you know if your meat is grain-fed...). But in my research, I have found that a lot of people make adjustments. Some include dairy, and I'm all for that because I don't know how in the hell anyone can live with out cheese. Some include drinks like beer and other types of alcohol. So I'm not getting rid of beer. Or other alcohol, because Fourth of July is less than a month away and my birthday is a week after that. In case you're wondering, it's my third annual 21st birthday, so we're going big.

Basically what I'm saying here is that a lot of people modify the diet to suit their needs. If they already hated dairy products but ate them solely for calcium, then they can cut dairy out completely. So I'm keeping my dairy (I will cut back though, because milk is expensive!). And I'm keeping my alcohol. Other than that, it will just be fruits, veggies, meat, and whatever else is on the list I found about what to eat and what not to eat. They also say to avoid carbs which is confusing because most websites on exercise and especially running say to eat more carbs. But I'm going to do a 30-day thing to start and see how I feel and how I like it, so I'll cut out carbs for that time period. Which will be extremely hard. Have you ever gone to a restaurant and eaten just one piece of bread/breadstick in the basket they put in front of you? No one has. Ever. You eat at least two.

I'm still checking out some more websites and blogs and I'm making a list of the ones I find most helpful. So I'll post those when I'm done, in case any of you are interested in doing it or just want to learn more about it.

As always, thanks for reading!

-A

No comments :

Post a Comment