Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 6: Success!

So I went for my run yesterday afternoon. It was about 2.5 total and I had to walk some toward the end. Not my best, but certainly not my worst. We went to Chili's last night for dinner after going to the carnival where we won two fish (one is named Walter...don't have a name for the other yet). I had the Margarita Chicken (or something like that) and it was amazing. Best chicken I've had in a long time. I ate the entire thing!

Woke up early this morning and went to Creve Coeur Lake for a run. The trail around the lake is 3.7 miles. So I hadn't eaten breakfast, and had one bottle of water with me. I started running from where I parked my car...almost half a mile before you get to the "one-mile" marker. Bringing the water with me was genius. I always get a horrible and uncomfortable dry mouth when I run. So having it with me solved that. My legs did get sore, but in a good way. Nothing like the pain I get when I run in Cape. Very few hills at the lake. Didn't really get out of breath. I just kept pushing. And I ran ALL the way back to my car (3.7 miles) and then I kept going another half mile! So I ran almost 4.25! And what is probably a terrible estimate of my time, I'd say it was between a 10 and 11 minute mile. But who cares? I just proved to myself that I CAN run 3 miles without stopping, and I can keep going!

So I think maybe my problem is the steep hills in Cape. Unfortunately I don't think a flat surface exists in that town. I guess I'll have to keep working at those hills. But it feels amazing to know what I'm really capable of. At least on flatter ground anyway.

I had an egg and some sausage for breakfast and I'll be having Applebees with my sister for lunch. Then I'm going to the Zoo and the Boathouse for dinner. Today is going to be amazing!

-A

No comments :

Post a Comment