Friday, June 29, 2012

Cheers to the Weekend!

Ahh much better mood today. Helps a lot that it's Friday! I feel much less guilty for effing up my diet. I had quite a few friends comment who were very supportive, including Adam . . . guess he's not so bad after all :) And I had a nice email from my Momma this morning as well. Honestly, I just don't think this whole 30-day diet thing is really for me. But, with the research I did before starting, I learned a lot, and I found a ton of websites with some really good, healthy recipes that I want to try. So I'm not giving it all up completely. It's not like I'm going to just eat at places like McD's all day every day. I definitely plan to keep most of my meals healthy and eat lots of fruits and vegetables. But there's nothing wrong with chocolate now and then. Or a sandwich.

I'm starting grad school this fall, so on Mondays and Wednesdays, I'll be working from 8-5 and then I have class both nights from 6-8:50 pm. So that's a really, really long day, and I'm going to need meals that are easy to take with me. Sandwiches are definitely on that list. And stuff like pasta. Stuff that's easy to make when I get home after class if I didn't have time for dinner.

As you might have guessed, I did not wake up this morning for a run. Partly because I was exhausted and partly because my phone is a ginormous p.o.s and wouldn't charge, let alone let me change my alarm. I'm lucky my usual alarm went off this morning. So I may attempt a run after work . . . maybe down by the river where it's cooler. Otherwise I don't know when I'll go today. I went to bed between 10:30 and 11 last night and it was 88 degrees. And I won't run that late. I will be getting up early for the farmer's market on Saturday, so I will go run either before or after that.

And then my boyfriend is coming for a visit! I'm super excited. We were planning on going to the pool on Sunday but with as hot as it's going to be, it might be way too crowded. And Lord knows the last thing I want is to be surrounded by a bunch of screaming, wet, dirty children in 100 degree weather. No thanks. So he suggested water balloons. Of course, that sounds fun, but I told him I don't have a hose. To which he replied, "You have a sink, darling." Oh yeah. Ha. I think this heat is frying my brain cells . . .

Happy Friday everyone!

-A

No comments :

Post a Comment