Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 1

I had a fantastic lunch today. Jiimmy John's has the "Unwich." Basically, any of their subs wrapped in lettuce. I was skeptical at first. I'm not exactly the biggest fan of lettuce. I love my bread. But since I'm not eating bread now thanks to Paleo, I figured I'd give it a shot. It was better than getting something like Mcds for lunch. So I got the Turkey Tom unwich. No mayo, because it's not healthy, and I've never liked it. So my unwich had turkey, tomatoes, and oil/vinegar (or whatever it is...I can't remember now). It tasted incredible. And I was full the rest of the afternoon. In fact, I just ate dinner (which was Tyson chicken nuggets and veggie salad, or whatever you want to call it). I'd say as far as food goes, I did pretty well today.

Grocery shopping wasn't too bad either. I bought eggs, lettuce, asparagus, bananas, pistachios, pickles, and a few other things I can't remember off of the top of my head right now. I held off on getting a bunch of fruit and veggies because I'm planning on going to the farmer's market this weekend, so the produce will be better and less expensive.

I did not work out though--fail. But I did carry in all my groceries at once, and I totally count that as an arm workout. Has anyone ever made more than one trip carrying in groceries?? And I put away laundry and such. Not necessarily a workout, but it was enough I think. And I slept for...a few hours. I have no idea why I'm so tired. Hopefully this healthy eating will give me more energy. I do love that I ate healthy food all day, and I was full enough that I didn't need a snack in the afternoon and I didn't feel like I needed to eat dinner super early, or feel the need for a snack before bed.

I do think I'm going to have a banana. It sounds really good. So, since I was able to buy the groceries I needed and had a healthy lunch and breakfast, I'm counting today as Day 1. Thirty days of this. It's going to be hard. I'm already planning my birthday dinner out with my family around this.

Tomorrow is my 3-mile day. I think the route I'm taking is actually about 3.5. So it'd be pretty awesome if I can run the whole thing. I hate all the hills though. Blah. Also, my ankle seems to be feeling better, so hopefully it won't bother me on my run tomorrow.

I hope you all had a fairly decent Monday! Goodnight!

-A

3 comments :

  1. Hope the paleo diet goes well. I don't know anyone but you doing it, so i'm interested to see the results! As for me, i think i have a grain addiction :( so there's no giving up breads/rice. I just make sure they are organic, with no additives, preservatives etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can't remember which site I read it on...It may have been on one I didn't post on here. But they said that carbs/grains are addictive. That's why when you eat them, you only feel full for a while before you need more. But we've been taught that carbs fill you up and give you energy. Which they do, technically, but only for a short time before you need more. Believe me, I'm totally addicted to carbe. So I'm interested to see how I do without them for the next 30 days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, i didn't know it was a fact that they could be addicting, but i guess it makes sense. that unwich also sounds like a good idea, i've been trying my best to always cut carbs, but i try not to cut them all since i've been doing alot of weight training, but i don't want to eat more than i need. lucky for me i just bought a ton of lunch meat, and a big head of lettuce leafs.

    ReplyDelete