Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Waiting for Tonight . . . (no, not the JLo song)

Yay lunchtime post! I haven't done one of these in a while. Mostly because I'm generally a slow eater so by the time I finish my food, it's time to get back to work. But I've got some time today . . . because my lunch was an apple and a pbj. Go me! At least I can say it's healthy haha.

And in case you're wondering, I still felt like crap this morning. Headache, stomach ache, less than 4 hours of sleep, what have you. I somehow managed to get myself out of bed and go run. When my alarm at 5 went off, I was quite tempted to just turn it off and go back to sleep for another hour and a half or so. Instead, I just hit snooze, slept for 10 more minutes and then got up. This run was rough. New shoes need much more breaking in. And it was already hot. And I didn't feel my best. So I cut my run a little shorter than usual. But I ran almost the entire way. And I owned those hills. Running a little is better than not at all right?

I read this article earlier while I was eating (5 Ways to Trick Your Body into Being More Awesome) and I just love articles like this. They're witty and you learn stuff. There are some pretty good tips in there for college/grad students. Like how to pull an all-nighter (in case you're a naive soon-to-be freshman who thinks you won't have to stay up all night, you're in for a rude awakening. Awakening, ha). One thing I found quite interesting was the part about not stretching before workouts. I'm not going to explain all the science here because if you're too lazy to go read that article than you're probably too lazy to read this entire post anyway. Anyway, I think I'm going to give it a try and see how I feel. The only problem with not stretching is that I need to come up with a better warm up before my runs. Walking doesn't seem to do the trick. The article sort of suggest things like squats and lunges, so I think I'll give those a shot. And maybe just Google it. Goole has all the answers.

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm making some yummy pasta tonight for dinner. If it turns out good, or at least just looks pretty, I will take a picture of it for all to see my culinary skills (which as many of you may know, are quite limited). It will be hard to not want to start cooking as soon as I get home from work. I am not my grandparents, I will not eat before 5:30 pm. A light snack, however, is always acceptable. I'm also going to attempt to make spaghetti squash, and if that turns out okay, noodles! If not, I have back up noodles from the store :) It's nice to be prepared (mostly thanks to my momma).

Sidenote: I'm not going to edit this before posting--my brain hurts. So if you happen to come across any errors or typos, KEEP THEM TO YOURSELF. I DON'T CARE TODAY.

You all are just lovely people. Thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment