Monday, July 16, 2012

More on Blisters (mainly because Adam loves reading about them)

Went for a run this afternoon after work with my new iPod. It is so much better than my old Zune. If I didn't have my earbuds in, I wouldn't have known it was there at all! It's so light, so it doesn't bounce around. I actually checked a few times to make sure it was still there because my old one bounced so much. That said, I haven't made a running playlist yet, so picking what to listen to was hard, and not exactly helpful on my run. So tonight I plan on making a playlist so when I run in the morning tomorrow I'll have something good and motivating to listen to.

I didn't have the greatest run, and I walked a few times, but there's plenty of stupid reasons for that. First, I just couldn't breathe. I have no idea why it was so hard. I took my inhaler before I left. I shouldn't have had any problems. Grrr. Second, my feet. As I've mentioned before, I've got a multitude of blisters. The socks I bought did help though. None of them broke open or bled, so that's good (didn't ruin the new socks), but they still hurt pretty badly while I was running. Third, my shins are still hurting. Not as bad, as last week or however long ago it was. They mostly hurt on the hills, which I expected. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better. I seem to do better in the mornings (and I feel a lot better afterward). And I'm sure a new playlist will help. 


Here's a question: Is it okay to stretch after a run without your shoes on? I ask because obviously my blisters were killing me by the time I got home. I wanted to take my shoes off immediately but I didn't because I wasn't sure if it was bad for your feet. Does it make a difference at all? If any of you lovely folks happen to have an answer to this, please let me know! It probably doesn't help that I'm in need of new shoes to begin with either. 


I've read in a few different places that when running, you should dress for weather 10 degrees warmer than what it is (which makes sense in the summer, but not so much in the winter). Generally, I take that advice as far as I can go. Meaning running in a sports bra and shorts. Anything less would just be . . . ick. Today, however, it didn't feel as hot as it had been the past couple weeks (meaning not 107 degrees) so I decided to wear a tanktop. HUGE mistake. It was horribly hot. Tank top was black. And fitted. So once I warmed up and started sweating, it was clinging to me. Yuck. I felt disgusting and even considered taking the tank top off and leaving it behind if necessary. I didn't, but I really wanted to. 


Also, I think I may have mentioned this yesterday, but the A/C in my car is fixed and it is oh so splendid!


  (not mine, but similar...mine's red, and awesome)

No comments :

Post a Comment