Thursday, July 26, 2012

Realizations

I skipped yesterday. Oops. But I figured since I posted twice Tuesday, it would be okay. You all survived, right? Besides I was busy going to lunch and dinner with my boyfriend and then going to the see The Dark Knight Rises. And it was incredible. If you haven't seen it yet, Go. Definitely one you should see in theaters. I just loved it. Might be my new favorite Batman movie.

Obviously, I did not work out yesterday. I had considered going for a run/walk after work but oh dear god it was so awful hot. My alarm went off at 5am this morning and I did not get out of bed. I needed sleep. I thought about going this afternoon but my asthma has been kicking my butt (or lungs?) all day. Hard to run when you can't breathe. Also it's storming, and from what I've heard, severe damaging winds and possible hail. Not gonna run in that. I will enjoy the storm from inside my apartment.


 I'm coming to some sad realizations this week. First of all, I'm poor. I can't afford registration fees for the 5 and 10k's coming up that I want to do. So how the hell am I going to afford almost 150 for the half marathon? I don't know. And don't tell me to save my money. That's hard to do when you have very little money left after paying your bills and you need gas in your car and food in your fridge. So I'm not ruling it out completely that I could possibly afford to pay for it, but as of now, it doesn't look likely.

In addition to that, my training for the half marathon just sucks. I can't run as often as I should because, as I said, it's pretty damn hard to run when you can't breathe. I woke up in the middle of the night a day or two ago and couldn't breathe to the point I needed my inhaler. Clearly I don't have Exercise Induced Asthma. I should probably go back to the doctor, but that takes time that I don't have right now. It's hard to train for a half marathon when you can barely get through a couple miles with or without an inhaler.

As for dinner, I was really in the mood for a grilled cheese. Then I remembered my cheese was moldy and I threw it away Sunday. Sooo I'm probably going to have ravioli or something instead. Also, assuming this storm continues, they keep doing those emergency warning things. And for whatever reason, it changes the channel every time it does it. It changes it back eventually, but doesn't allow you to exit out of it or change back to the channel you were watching. It's irritating.

But it's almost Friday! Yay! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment