Friday, July 13, 2012

Birthday Festivities

Wednesday was incredible. Possibly one of the best birthdays ever. Surprise daisies sent to my work from Chris. Then I met him at his work, where he impatiently waited to give me my present (iPod nano!). Then we went to Pi and it was so yummy! We ordered garlic bread, which for some reason we both thought was garlic cheese bread, and it was, in fact, neither. They brought out bread that was not fully sliced all the way through. No cheese. No garlic. The garlic came from the butter they brought out with the bread. It was good, but I've never had "garlic" bread served that way. Then we had to make a stop at the mall because we don't know how to eat like mature adults. I thought it was funny :)

Then we got to the Muny (we're starting to get pretty good at finding our way around Forest Park). Note to self and anyone else: Don't wear new shoes if you're going to be doing a fair amount of walking. Ouch. I have blisters on the back of both ankles, and on the tops of my big toes. :( Aside from that, it was a good night. Saw my aunt and uncle, and a few of my Gamma Sig sisters--the two most important being my little and adopted little. So glad I ran into them. We got margaritas (yes, we got the kiddie souvenir cups--they are awesome) and it wasn't too hot. A little, but it wasn't totally uncomfortable. The show was pretty good. They had live camels! The only thing I didn't like was that they included a lot of songs that weren't in the movie. Which would be okay if they were good songs, but I didn't think they were. And several of them were just way too long. But that aside, I loved it. And the genie was funny.

More fun to come today. Dinner with my family, and I get to see my bestest friend for the first time in . . . well I don't know how long it's been, but it's been way too long! Possibly going out after dinner. Because as far as I'm concerned, it's still my birthday! :)

As far as running goes, well, as I've mentioned before, after a night of drinking (or just half a night) my legs always ache like I ran constantly the day before. So, not gonna run today. Oh and those blisters will be much worse. I'm wearing flip flops and they hurt. The idea of running shoes makes me cringe. I was going to try to run this weekend but its just not going to happen. My blisters have been bleeding and I know if I run I will be miserable. So I'm going to give it a couple more days.

No comments :

Post a Comment