Sunday, July 22, 2012

First Run in New Shoes

Today's run was not what I had hoped it would be. I had walked at least half a mile to warm up and then started running. About a half mile into my run I realized I forgot to take my inhaler. I was too far to go back to get it (that would have taken way too much time) so I walked a lot more than usual. I did run occasionally though, but not for long periods of time unfortunately. It was probably a good thing though since the guy from Feet Fleet told me not to do a lot of running with those inserts in my shoes until they were a little broken in. He told me to walk in them a few times first, so my inability to breathe forced me to do what I was told to do in the first place.

The shoes felt pretty good. They took a lot of impact off my shins and knees, but they were uncomfortable. That's about how it felt when I got my last pair of shoes though, so I know once I break them in they're going to feel even better. It's also probably not a terrible thing I didn't run the whole time today since it was in the middle of the day and around 100 degrees.

I also did not eat extremely healthy today either (and by that, I mean not at all). I had Cheez-its, an ice cream York Peppermint Patty, and McDs for lunch. I did get some veggies though and I plan on making a delicious pasta this week sometime. And my mom gave me some cucumber and onions in vinegar. Can't wait to eat those. For dinner I wasn't extremely hungry, but I know if I don't eat something I'll be way hungrier in the morning, so I had a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. And it was delicious.

Tomorrow I'm either going to run or just do a work out at home after work. I'm leaning more towards the workout because I can't decide where I want to run. This weekend went by way too fast. However, I'm ending it on a good note: Batman Begins is on tv :) I hope you all enjoyed your weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment