Thursday, July 19, 2012

Feelin' Good

This morning's run was great! As I've said before, the right music makes all the difference. Two Greek Fire songs came on and their music is really good to run to (if you don't have their CD, you should; if you haven't seen them live, you definitely should). It definitely keeps me going, and they both came on at perfect times today during my run as I was getting tired near the end and really, really wanted to stop. I did stop once during my run. Anyone familiar with the Cape area probably knows the hill on Lexington going up to Perryville by Winks gas station. That hill is long and steep. But I ran the entire way. And then had to stop because I couldn't breathe. I only stopped for a minute and then kept going. I ran the entire way before and after I stopped that one time.

It felt great! One of the best runs I've had in a long time. It was only about 2.5 miles, but I ran every one of those hills and I'm proud of myself. I think it's definitely time for new shoes though. My left foot was really uncomfortable. It didn't hurt, but it was just uncomfortable for most of my run. Also, on Cape Rock, those people have ridiculous driveways. It's so hard to run across them because they're so uneven and oddly steep in places. So that places pressure on my foot, and because it's a weird incline I think that might be part of what's causing my shin splints, and my left shin generally hurts more. Those things are rough. Might need to start running in the street when I get to that point.

For breakfast, I treated myself to Smoothie King again. And hopefully someday soon, I'll get that blender I want so I can make my own smoothies and save some money. Lunch was a yummy gyro. I had planned on eating food from home today, so I brought Spaghetti-O's ( I know, not all that healthy, but better than fast food, right?). Unfortunately, I didn't put them in a bowl before I left. I just brought the can. And we don't have a can opener at work. So I went for a gyro instead. Those are at least sort of healthy. And delicious. For dinner tonight I think I'm going to make some cheese ravioli.

Tomorrow I'm going to run again in the morning. I really hate getting up so early, but I think I enjoy it more. There's not a lot of people out doing stuff and it's nice and quiet. And both times this week I've almost gotten caught in sprinklers. Barely dodged those, although it was pretty hot (80 degrees at 5am), so I probably wouldn't have minded. I'm going to run again Saturday and I'm thinking about going to Feet Fleet in St. Charles to start looking for shoes. Might as well spend my birthday money on that rather then using it for smaller stuff here and there. I have no idea what else I'll be doing this weekend, but if I get to choose, it will be a whole lot of nothing but relaxing. Because I'm tired. And the adrenaline and energy I get from running at 5am does not last all day, unfortunately.  These shoes are similar to what I have now. I think I paid more for mine lol

No comments :

Post a Comment