Thursday, July 5, 2012

Monday, Monday

Second Monday of the week, oh boy! I've had a headache since yesterday, so that just made it all worse. Even with the headache, I had a fantastic 4th. Barbeque, fireworks, and ice cream. It was all so delicious. Didn't sleep too well though thanks to the headache. So I was exhausted this morning. I was in major need of caffeine. Couldn't find coffee anywhere. Apparently they don't serve coffee anywhere on campus during the summer. I finally found a Starbucks coffee frappuccino. I hadn't had one before, but it was surprisingly good, and it did the trick.

Unfortunately the caffeine just gave me a little more energy, but didn't do anything for my headache. And I carried several heavy boxes of books from the building across the street to our office, so by the time I got done with that, my headache was worse, and I was sweating a pretty gross amount. Yuck. So I decided not to go for a run after all that. I just needed medicine and sleep. I took a nap for a couple hours after work and I'm feeling a little better, but it's not completely gone. I set my alarm for 5am tomorrow though so I'm going to try to get out of bed and go for a run before work. At least at 5am it should only be in the 80s. Amazing how after a week-ish of 100+ degree weather, 88 degrees is suddenly a cold front.

Still trucking around in my car with no a/c. It's been a little rough, and more than slightly uncomfortable. I mostly feel sorry for people who ride in my car with me--the passenger window doesn't roll down so they really don't get any air. Knowing my luck, as soon as it gets fixed, temps will drop and I won't need it. Story of my life. And even with as hot as it is outside, I'm still cold inside. Very cold.

Does that stop me from eating ice cream? No. Although this ice cream will be super healthy. I've got a sliced banana in the freezer and as soon as it's frozen solid, I'm tossing it in the blender, maybe with some honey or Nutella, and BOOM! Ice cream. Pretty excited to try this. Especially since my bananas did not last long. I only got to eat about two before they started getting brown (which is when I stop eating them). I might even save some for a nice little snack at work tomorrow. And my lunch consists of green grapes and a pbj. You have no idea how excited I am for that. I love pbj sandwiches. I'm so happy to eat bread and peanut butter again!

And there's a possibility of eating at the Spaghetti Factory tomorrow evening for dinner before the concert. I love eating there. And they have fabulous Italian cream sodas. Delicious! Another busy, but fun weekend ahead, and another run at Creve Coeur on Saturday! Hopefully it's less crowded and I can breathe a little better.

Have a lovely evening everyone!
-A

No comments :

Post a Comment