Sunday, July 29, 2012

Changes

Sorry for not posting anything yesterday. It was quite a busy day. I went for a run at Creve Coeur park pretty early in the morning. It was okay. Not great. I stopped a few times because the toes on my left foot kept going numb. I pushed myself at the end of my run to keep going and by the time I was done it felt like most of my left foot was numb. I had these problems when I got my last pair, so I'm not too concerned about it. It should stop once they're more broken in. The inside of my left ankle was also bothering me. Most of yesterday and today I've had a headache and my legs have been extremely sore.

Yesterday was pretty nice overall, aside from my run. I got to see a lot of family I don't get to see too often. It was a fun party. I've been extremely tired though, so by the time I left I was exhausted and still had my headache and my legs were hurting worse. It felt like I had been drinking all day, even though I only had a couple beers. It took quite a bit of Motrin to get my legs to stop hurting enough to fall asleep. I slept pretty good though once I did. And woke up this morning to rain! It makes me so happy to wake up to rain.

I really wanted to go for a run since it was just rain and no storms but my head hurt so bad. I haven't been able to get rid of it. Once I got home this afternoon I took a shower (which was a major struggle) and then went straight to bed and slept for 3-ish hours. It was a wonderful nap. It didn't get rid of my headache though, so that was disappointing. I thought maybe having some dinner might help. Nope. Headaches are so irritating. Excedrin works wonders for most of my headaches. Unfortunately I used the last of mine last week and apparently it will not be back on the market until October. I'm gonna need to find something to get me through until then. Motrin is not cutting it.

A lot of things have been changing lately. Some of them have been hard to accept and deal with. Others are exciting. It's forced me to really take a look at the people in my life, who matters, who doesn't. People are leaving and that's part of life. It's hard to accept sometimes. It's hard when you stop being best friends with someone you've been best friends with for years. We grow up, we grow apart. It's been difficult to accept all these changes. But I know better things are coming and I'm excited about what they might be.

No comments :

Post a Comment