Sunday, August 19, 2012

Run Chata has a Facebook Page

Yesterday was kind of a crazy day. Lots of things going on. Change is stupid and hard, but sometimes it's good. Either way, by the time I got back to Cape last night, I was exhausted. I finally got the right book for my class in the mail (yes, I ordered the wrong book), so I eventually started reading that shortly before I went to bed. I still have a lot more to read today, unfortunately. But I'm going to get started on that after I finish this post. And then I plan on going for an afternoon run. My leg is still bothering me, so I can't decide if a long run or a short run would be better. I really want to do a longer run (even if I can't run the entire thing) but I also have homework and I really should clean my room and bathroom (been putting that off for a week or so). I guess I'll just see how I'm feeling later and then decide.

In addition to my leg pain, my allergies have been awful lately. I'm starting to think I'm allergic to something in my room/apartment and that's what causing all my problems. I woke up at 3am and my throat was scratchy and I was sneezing and my nose was stuffy. This happens pretty often. And waking up in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning with an asthma attack happens frequently too. I am allergic to dust, and because of this, I don't dust as often as I should. So that could be part of it, but the act of dusting usually gives me a worse asthma attack than just letting the dust be. The only other thing I can guess is mold, maybe. I know I'm allergic to it, and that's the only other "indoor" allergen I can think of that would cause me problems.

In other news, the Run Chata Facebook page is up and running! You can check it out here and I would really, really appreciate if you Like the page while you're there! Also, it's not so super fantastic looking yet or anything, but it'll get there. It needs some new/recent pictures and stuff like that. But don't worry, I will be adding more pictures both to the blog and the Facebook page. I'm going to attempt to bring my phone with me and possibly take a picture or two. Or maybe just pics before and after my runs or something. I don't know. What kind of pictures would you guys like to see?

I've been really excited lately because Chris and I have been planning a trip to Chicago to see the Cards/Cubs later in September. I've only been to Chicago once (this past February) and it was entirely too cold. So I hated it, but I wore my World Series shirts proudly. I thought it'd be much more fun to go to Chicago when the weather is warmer, and of course to see a game. We planned for the last weekend in September. Turns out, the series is the weekend before that. One of us got the dates wrong. Actually it was both of us I think. I swear when I looked at tickets they were on the 29/30 and not the 22/23. So we may not get to go see the game, which is quite disappointing. I've always wanted to go to one. There's always next year I suppose. We're still considering possibly going there the last weekend in September anyway. Trying to find hotels has been difficult though. Any suggestions on where to stay? Something that's not super expensive but fairly close to stuff like Navy Pier?

I might write another post later, especially if I go out for a run. But I feel the need to write a farewell to the summer since school starts tomorrow. So keep your eyes out for that one.

No comments :

Post a Comment