Sunday, August 12, 2012

Car Troubles

I've been kind of lazy this weekend. Well, as far as running goes, I've been lazy. Aside from that, I was pretty busy yesterday. Mostly because I had car trouble first thing in the morning when I was supposed to be on my way to St. Louis. What a perfect start to a Saturday morning. Ended up costing me $86 bucks to get it fixed. Not as bad as I was expecting, so I guess that's ok. Then I was off to St. Louis two hours later than I had planned. I needed to go to my bank (which is only in St. Louis) but I didn't make it in time. Didn't make it to the mall to look at Macs (which now I'm debating on getting. I need it for school, but can't exactly afford it right now, and yes, I'm going to use my loan money to pay for it, but I could be using that money for something else, like saving for a new car).

I did make it in time to have lunch with Chris's mom which was nice. Except for the part where I went in earlier to use the restroom and buy something (I feel weird about using people's restrooms and not buying something) and then she decided that's where she wanted to go. So half the people recognized me. One guy said "Amanda you're back! And you brought your mom!" So I just said yeah and went along with it. Seriously, those people were a tad eccentric. Or we can just call them weird. Because that's what I was thinking. They did have my favorite soup though (black bean) so I had that with a greek salad. It was yummy. And she made me get dessert. Kind of glad she did--it was delicious. :)

After that, I stopped by my parents house to say hi, steal some food, envelopes, and stamps, and then I was on my way back to Cape. By the time I got back, it was almost 7 and I was just exhausted. So I decided not to run. After everything with my car and stuff, I just wanted to lay around and do absolutely nothing. And that's what I did. I watched movies based on John Grisham novels until about midnight and then I went to bed. Today, I need to go grocery shopping (I HATE grocery shopping). So I've been procrastinating for a few hours now. I'm going to try to get a run in later, but my allergies are sucking today, and I'm just really tired. So I might not. And I'm not going to go tomorrow either. I'm trying to get myself into the routine I'll be doing once school starts. Since I have class Monday and Wednesday nights, I'm going to have no time to go run. So I need to get into the routine of running Tuesday, Thursday and on weekends. Wish me luck.

I hope you all had a great weekend and have a happy Sunday :)

No comments :

Post a Comment