Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Another 6.5!

So I waited until a little later in the evening today to go for my run. Left the house at 6:15 and it was still 97 degrees. Blah. By the time I was almost done with mile 3, it had cooled off considerably (it's supposed to storm later) so I decided to keep going. And ended up doing another 6.5 miles. And I feel like I pushed myself to run more of it this time. Not a lot more--still having trouble breathing and troubles with my left foot and ankle. I alternated walking and running and pushed myself to do the hills. I have to admit, there were a few I couldn't get all the way up (that's what she said) without stopping. I'm kinda proud of myself that I did 6.5 miles again though. I do need to do a 2 or 3 mile run though and try to run the entire thing. And maybe throw in a mile run here and there to do some speed work. Problem is, tracks around here suck. So I'll have to map something out with minimal hills--HA.

As I mentioned, my left foot is still bothering me. In the last mile or so, the blister I had on my toe from Monday reblistered. Jerk. And now there is a blister forming on the arch of my left foot as well. What the hell? That one hurts the most, and it's a heck of a lot smaller.

I noticed something today. I'm not sure if this is what made the difference or not, but I had a sprite with my lunch today, and on my run this evening, my fingers didn't swell up. Normally, they look like sausages by the time I'm done running (I have very skinny fingers), but tonight they look and feel almost perfectly normal. They do feel a little stiff, but I think that's more from holding my water bottle and sweating. Or maybe it's just because I waited until a little later in the day. I have no idea what made the difference. But it was a nice change :)

It is now almost 8:30. I'm exhausted. I haven't had anything to eat since lunch, but I'm not all that hungry. Am I the only one who's not hungry after runs/workouts? Occasionally I am really hungry afterward, but most of the time, I feel the best after a run and I'm not hungry at all. Except for morning runs. I'm usually at least a little hungry after those. Now I'm rethinking dinner. I was going to make a frozen pizza (I know, not that healthy), but since I'm not that hungry, I don't know if it's worth it. But then, what else do I make? Blah.

Hopefully sometime in the near future, I'll be able to tell you guys I ran 3 miles without stopping. And then soon after that 5 or 6! Wouldn't that be nice.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments :

Post a Comment