Friday, August 3, 2012

A Whole Lot of Nothing

So I had every intention of running yesterday evening. That did not happen, thanks to the worst asthma attack I've ever had. It started shortly before I got off work (thankfully, since I didn't have my inhaler) and lasted for about an hour after I had taken my inhaler when I got home. I also took benadryl because when you're coughing like that, trying to breathe, your throat gets scratchy. Once my inhaler finally started working, I was exhausted from coughing and wheezing for the past hour, and the benadryl was starting to kick in. So I fell asleep. And slept. And slept. And slept. Yeah, I pretty much slept through the night. Skipped dinner. Everything. But I wasn't really hungry anyway so going without dinner wasn't a huge deal. Seriously, my appetite has disappeared.

Yesterday for lunch I had some almonds and an apple. Then no afternoon snacks (I sometimes go to the vending machine across the street and get Cheez-its and/or a Snickers). And no dinner. I did have mini blueberry muffins and a coffee for breakfast though. Today I had another fruit crisp/wanna-be pop-tart for breakfast. For lunch I have almonds and the pbj I had brought for lunch yesterday and never ate. (I'm out of apples, as I predicted. Also out of cheese sticks.)

After work, I plan on doing a whole lot of nothing. Because it's Friday. If I feel up to it/get extremely bored, I might go for a run. As for dinner, assuming I'm hungry, well, I have no idea what I'll eat. I think I still have some ravioli, or maybe I'll just make a cheese quesadilla. Those are always good. Definitely running low on food. I think. I'm really not sure what I have left in my fridge.

As for the rest of my weekend, it will look a lot like my Friday night. A lot of nothingness. Maybe a run or two. Maybe some cleaning (less likely than me going for a run). Probably quite a bit of watching Netflix. My life is extremely exciting. But school starts in two-ish weeks, so I'm going to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet while I can. No rest even the weekend before classes start. Lots to do. And I'm hopefully going to get my Mac that weekend because I enjoy waiting until the last minute to do things like that. Fast forward four or five months and that's what my Christmas shopping looks like. Except without the Mac. No way in hell am I buying anyone a Mac. So I guess that's nice, I can avoid the Apple store around Christmas time, which I'm sure is packed with a bunch of morons who have no idea what they're buying. Same with this weekend, tax-free. I'm not shopping. People trying to buy their snot-nosed, bratty kids laptops and shit for school and have no clue what they're doing. No thanks.

No comments :

Post a Comment