Sunday, August 19, 2012

Goodbye Summer :(

I ran 2.5 miles today. Well, I walked about half of that if I'm going to be completely honest. It was another one of those days where everything was working against me. Asthma, allergies, and my leg hurt a lot worse than I thought it would. But I ran the first mile straight through (I know that's not a super big deal, but that's about all I can manage right now). After that my lungs hurt and my leg hurt.

I came home and cleaned my bathroom and my room. Then I rotated my mattress. And then I did more homework. Boo. Not the best ending to my summer. But my roomie did make a delicious dinner, and now we're watching The Lion King on tv, so I guess that's not so bad.

I really don't feel like I've made much progress this summer. I never ran any races thanks to being poor (which is also why I never signed up for the half marathon in October). And I can't seem to run any amount miles straight through thanks to my allergies and asthma this summer. I tried a diet and gave up on that pretty quickly.

On a more positive note, I did get my new shoes (which I think I finally have broken in!). And my amazing boyfriend bought me the ipod I wanted and took me to the Muny to see Aladdin. I think we went to one Cardinals game (I have a picture from it, so I know we went at least once lol). We saw Third Eye Blind downtown (it was unbelievably hot). We watched fireworks on the Fourth of July. And I'm forgetting a bunch of other stuff we did. But we had fun in spite of all the 100+ degree weather. And I did force myself to go for a few runs in the heat, and I didn't die, so there's that. I also did quite a few 5am runs which I sort of started to enjoy.

Don't forget the spaghetti squash! I learned to cook spaghetti squash, and it turned out incredibly delicious! Chris even liked it. And it looked good too. I rarely cook things that actually look good and taste good. I'm very proud of myself for that accomplishment. It was by far the best thing I have ever made (besides cookies. I'm pretty damn good at cookies when I'm not too lazy to bake).

All in all, it was a pretty good summer, and I'm sad it's over. I don't feel like I accomplished a whole lot, and I'm not sure I read an entire book all summer either which is super depressing. From now on, my life will consist of Grad School, running, eating, sleeping, Grad School, sleeping, eating, running, Grad School, Grad School, Grad School.

2 comments :

  1. I've been working on my running for weeks and I still have to alternate between jogging/walking every time. I can't even run a mile straight yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so discouraging not to be able to run just a mile with out stopping. I think the other day was the first time I had done that all summer. How many miles do you run at a time? I usually try to do 2 or 3, but obviously can never run the entire time.

    ReplyDelete