Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Losing Readers :(

Boy, I am glad I decided not to go run today. My blisters were much worse this morning when I woke up. So, I did what I used to do: used a safety pin to pop them and then put on a bandaid. That may not be the best thing for them, but it worked for me a couple years ago, so it should work now. And yes, I sterilized the safety pin. No yucky infections for me.

Second reason I'm glad I'm not running: it's hot. It was really hot yesterday too, which made me regret not waiting a couple hours to go. Tomorrow I have some errands to run, so I'll wait til a little later in the evening before I go. Not sure I'll go quite as far/long as I did yesterday, though. I guess I'll see how the lungs are doing.

I quit Facebook a few days ago. Really, I wasn't using it for anything but my blog, and I was tired of reading about everyone else's crap. I have loved not having it. I love not knowing every little detail about people. It's nice. However, every action has an equal and opposite reaction: the amount of pageviews I'm getting per day has dropped significantly. So now I'm not sure if it was the best decision to get rid of it. Facebook was a big traffic source for my blog, and now that source is no longer there. I continually post on my Twitter (you can follow me @Run_Chata) about my blog, but as of yet, it doesn't appear that it has been useful. I could make a Facebook page specifically for my blog (I think) but I'm not quite sure how that works. Plus I'd have to go through the hassle of getting people to "like" it or "follow" it or however that works.

That's a little frustrating. For any of you still reading, recommend my blog to your friends. Runners, athletes, people trying to get in shape, people trying to eat healthier, etc. Or anyone who might think I'm funny (which I'm not most of the time, but every once in a while, I crack myself up, so maybe someone else will laugh too). Simply tell them to go to: runchata.blogspot.com

Tomorrow I'll be hitting the pavement again. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments :

Post a Comment