Tuesday, August 28, 2012

2 Miles, Unplugged

Capris: Target, $24
Socks: Target, $8
Yup, I ran 2 miles (without stopping) with zero technology. No phone. No watch (not that I have one to use). No iPod. Okay, so the reason I didn't bring my iPod is because it's in my car and I was too lazy to go get it. Whatever.

I did run a pretty slow pace. And by that, I mean I'm not even sure you could call it "running." I don't care. I did two miles nonstop. It was pretty difficult to breathe, but I somehow pushed myself through that. And my ankle was hurting toward the end, and hurts now, but the pain was worth getting it done.

On Sunday when I was "buying groceries" at Target, I also got a few other things. Like more Disney movies (you can NEVER have enough!) and I bought a pair of capris to run in and some new running socks. It may have been a little too hot to run in capris today instead of shorts. But they're new! I had to. Aside from being hot, I love them. The socks were, well, socks. My only issue is that on the tag, it says fits size "5-9." That's a pretty big range there. So basically anytime I buy socks that are almost "one-size-fits-all" they are generally too big. I have tiny baby feet. Okay, they aren't really that small. I wear anywhere between a 6 and a 7 and a half. depending on the shoe. But these socks are big on me still. I have too much extra fabric. I can't imagine someone who wears a size 5 being able to make these work.

Oh well. They are cute and even have an "L" and an "R" on them for "left foot" and "right foot," which is kind of perfect for my sometimes OCDish ways.

I went to Plaza Tire after work, and the guy was super nice about everything and is more than willing to refund my money (yes I said "is" and not "was"). Unfortunately, I can't get my money back until I have my new debit card. Thankfully, he said once I get my card I can just come back up there and he'll take care of it for me. Gotta admit, I was really hoping he'd just give me cash so I'd have some money I could actually use if I needed it, but I'm not going to complain. I'll be getting my money back soon, and that's all that matters.

For the rest of my night, I will be doing some of my freelance work, finding something to eat for dinner, and cutting/filing all my nails because they're too long and driving me crazy. And I might possibly be icing my ankle at some point. Boo.

No comments :

Post a Comment