Friday, August 24, 2012

Feeling a Smidge Better

After moping around at work and my apartment since Wednesday, I finally went for a two-mile run after work today. It sucked. Hard. I had to stop more than once because I couldn't breathe. On the positive side, my ankle/leg didn't hurt too bad. So I guess there's some improvement there. I was not a happy camper earlier though. I was ready to scream and cry and just act like a 6 year old having a tantrum.

I didn't though. Instead, I came home, stretched, drank lots of water and decided to cook dinner. I made ground turkey with Italian seasoning and garlic and I cooked a spaghetti squash (and by "cooked" I mean microwaved). I added some pasta sauce to the meat and mixed in the squash and the roomie and I had a nice healthy dinner. Oh, we had salad too. Which I haven't had enough of lately, so it was amazing. Best meal I've had in a while. And I cooked it. Kind of makes me feel good that I'm capable of cooking something that tastes good and is healthy. I would have taken a picture, but it wasn't as pretty as the last time I made spaghetti squash since I had so many pretty vegetables in that.

Now I am impatiently waiting for the roomie to make banana bread. That may or may not be healthy, but it has bananas in it, so I'm just gonna go with it. In the mean time, I'm writing to you lovely people and I'm going to start on some homework when I'm done. Yuck. But we're also going to watch a movie I think (we went on a Disney movie shopping spree--and I have permission from my amazing boyfriend to go buy more, because I claimed it would "be for our new apartment" when we get one hehe). Good thing I can multitask and watch movies and read.

Unfortunately for me, I have to be up at 6am tomorrow so I can get to St. Louis early enough to have my oil changed and hopefully my cousin can fix my car. Ever since I had the belt replaced, my car has been shaking like it has Parkinson's. It was just a little at first. But the other day I was driving and seriously though my entire car was just going to fall apart. So fingers crossed, say a prayer, whatever, that it makes it to St. Louis in one piece. And that my cousin can fix it without costing me hundreds of dollars. :)

I hope the rest of you are enjoying your Friday evening and not doing homework like me!

No comments :

Post a Comment