Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Bucketlist for 2013



If you're new here, welcome! I'm participating in a blog-hop with other writers and we're going to be talking about things we want to cross off of our "writer's bucketlist" this year. I hope you enjoy it and check out some other blogs as well!

I've already done the obligatory "goals/resolutions/plans" post for 2013. But not a whole lot of those had much to do with my writing.

Here are some things I want to accomplish with my writing in 2013 (both academically and here on the blog):

1. Get one of my poems published. I have to submit my poetry at least once just this semester for my poetry class, so I'll probably send out to more than one and hope I get something other than rejection letters in the mail :)

2. Build my readership here on the blog and get all of you wonderful people more involved! I get very few comments on my posts, even though I seem to have a lot more readers than I've had in the past. So I want to work on that and get to know you all better!

3. I want to spend more time blogging about fitness, since that's why I started this in the first place. Of course it helps if you're actually doing "fitness-y" things. I'm working on it.

4. Get started on my thesis. I've officially decided that I'll be doing the editing project rather than a creative thesis. I'm really excited about it and although the editing project will contain a little less writing and a lot more editing, it's still going to be a lot of work.

5. I want to read more. Reading improves your writing, so I really want to be able to spend more time reading--other blogs, novels, poetry, etc. (especially things that aren't required for my classes). And in case you're wondering, I'm still on Book 4 (American Psycho) of the 100 Book Challenge, but I'm making progress (mostly thanks to the fact that I forgot some of my homework at work over the weekend--oops).

6. I want to make a difference. I read quite a few blogs that regularly raise money for a certain cause or family or group and I'd like to somehow be a part of that. I'm not sure when or how I'll make that happen, but it's definitely something I want to try sometime this year. Plus, it just really feels good to be a part of a community that will band together and do nice things for others.

That's all for now. I suppose the next step is finding ways to implement these things. Some will be easier than others, but I hope to accomplish all of them, or at least make progress toward each of them, this year.

Thanks for stopping by!