Friday, January 4, 2013

100 Book Challenge

So I almost died on my way to work this morning.

Okay,  died is probably a bit of an exaggeration...

But someone did almost hit me because he wasn't paying attention to what the *$#% he was doing. Good thing I was or there would have been some serious damage done, and one or both of us would have ended up under the semi in front of us. Ugh. Idiots.

Along those same lines...

Every day on my way to/from work this week (which has only been three days!) I have gotten stuck behind someone doing at least ten miles under the speed limit. I generally go between five and ten over so to get stuck behind a person driving slower than my grandma makes me want to punch everyone. Wednesday was possibly the worst because I was 8-10 cars behind the car that was driving so slow and no one would go around so I was stuck way in the back doing 40mph when the speed limit was 55. I have zero patience for those people. I can understand driving slow when the weather and/or roads are bad. That's acceptable. But the roads have been clear for days and it hasn't snowed or rained!

Okay, I'm done ranting...for now.

Anyhoo, I joined a friend of mine in her 2013 hundred book challenge. Basically the goal is to read 100 books over the course of the year. I'm already betting I don't even get close to that, mainly because of school and work cutting into my recreational reading time. But it gives me a goal to work toward.

As I told you all yesterday, I started reading The Hunger Games a couple days ago, so that's book #1. I'm over half way finished with it already. I'm guessing I'll have it done sometime before the weekend is over and get started on book #2 (which is also book 2 in the series) Catching Fire.

At some point I think I'm going to sort my books by what I've read and what I still need to read. And that will give me a good starting point for the 100 book challenge. Also, just fyi, I'll be documenting/keeping track of what I'm reading on here because I don't really have anywhere else to do that except for a notebook and that's boring :)

Tomorrow evening Chris and I will be going to the Fox to see Wicked. I'm so excited. This will be my third or fourth time seeing it. It is by far my favorite musical (although to be fair, I'm kind of obsessed with anything to do with The Wizard of Oz and the like). I have no idea where we're sitting, but I don't really care too much. I'm just happy I get to go again. We're also planning on doing dinner before hand, but I don't know where we're going to go. Anyone know of some good restaurants near the Fox?

If you forgot like I did, IT'S FRIDAY!! Yes, having a three-day work week totally threw me off and yesterday felt like Wednesday. But it's Friday! The bad news is that I won't be getting paid until next Friday. Going two weeks without a paycheck kind of sucks. The good news is that I finally got reimbursed for my mileage when my boss and I drove to St. Louis back in November for the launch of Proud to Be. And they did direct deposit rather than mailing me the check so it's already in my account. Yay!

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

PS If any of you book nerds want to join the Challenge, let me know! :)





No comments :

Post a Comment