Monday, January 21, 2013

Decisions, Decisions

It took most of Saturday and Sunday, but I finally finished all my homework for the first week. It was brutal. I spent the majority of it on my research homework.

I'm still racking my brain on what to do for my thesis. It's like trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up: Do I want to be a writer or an editor? Do I want to do a creative thesis on poetry or do an editing project instead?

Speaking of writing, I've read a lot of memoirs and I love them. And I want to write more than just poetry. Occasionally I think, hey, a memoir would be cool. But I don't understand how to write a memoir on your life when it's still in progress. Have I done anything worth writing a memoir about? Has anything happened to me worth writing about? Not really. At least nothing I could write more than a couple poems about.

I have less than a month or so to decide what I want to do my thesis on. One of the big things holding me back from doing the editing project is that no one has ever done one before, so I have zero examples to look to. On the other hand, maybe the fact that no one has ever done one before would work in my favor and I could maybe have a little freedom with it. I just can't make up my mind.

I've been reading a lot of other blogs on various topics from health and fitness to organizing to other randomness. I read one earlier today on 10 things you should always splurge on, even when money is tight and I thought it was a great list, and I'm thinking of making a list of my own. Once I get it written down, I'll post it later this week (or next week...depending on my homework situation this week).

In other news, I finally bought us a welcome mat and I think it's adorable!


Copper's potty training is going so much better *knock on wood*
She hasn't had an accident in the house all weekend! She has, however, been peeing in her crate. She has also chewed holes in her dog bed. But if that's what's keeping her from chewing up the furniture, then I'm not complaining. 

Anyhoo, I hope those of you who had the day off like me enjoyed it. I'm going to spend the rest of my night watching Friends and Family Guy, maybe do some writing, and have chinese or something for dinner. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment