Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Missed Monday--Oops

Man I've really been slacking around here lately. Sorry!

Yesterday I went to the yoga class on my lunch break. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it. Some people love yoga, others hate it, and most (like me) just don't understand what the hell it is.

After that class, well I can't say that I fully understand it now. But I did enjoy it. It perhaps isn't the best workout in the world if you're trying to lose weight or anything, but it was relaxing. And that was just what I needed after a stressful Monday morning.

It also focused a lot on breathing, and I'm thinking that in the long run, maybe this could help me out. I felt a lot better after that class yesterday, so I can't wait to go back again next week.

Today I just did an elliptical workout for 40 minutes again--I did increase the resistance a little though. Although it's almost 70 degrees, it's been wet and rainy and gross all day and I didn't think I'd survive the rest of the day after running in the rain. I'm slowly beginning to enjoy working out inside again. I'm sure by the time spring/summer roll around I'll loathe the thought of staying inside.

I can't remember if they do these lunch classes during the summer or not, but I think I'll continue going if they do. If not I'll figure something out to do on my own time.

I also think, depending on how the next couple weeks go, I'm going to try doing yoga at home on the weekends to kind of wind down from the week. Might help reduce my stress. Worth a shot.




No comments :

Post a Comment