Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Worst Feeling in the World

Warning: Things are about to get gross. If you can't handle it, I completely understand if you choose not to read today's post.

So I got sick on Monday. At work. Like, throw-up sick. First of all, I think throwing up is by far one of the worst feelings in the world (including the minutes/seconds leading up to it). Safe to say I will never be bulimic.

I started feeling light-headed and nauseous. I went into the bathroom and sat down for a few minutes. I felt a little better, so I got back to work. Probably less than five minutes later I was making a mad dash for the bathroom. I seriously almost didn't make it. In case you forgot, this was at work. And of course it couldn't have happened first thing in the morning when no one else was around to hear. Nope. Interns were there. My boss was there. I was mortified.

I tend to break out in a cold sweat minutes before I have to puke. That's how I know to make my way to the bathroom asap. I didn't have quite as much time to do that as I normally do. So after I finally finished puking up my breakfast and whatever else, I washed my hands, tried to rinse the taste of vomit out of my mouth, and tried to wipe off the mascara running down my face (yes, I was crying--vomiting turns me into a gigantic baby).

I timidly walked into my boss's office and she just looks at me and tells me "You need to go home. And take some plastic bags with you in case you need them." I packed up my stuff, grabbed a couple plastic bags just in case, and then left, praying I wouldn't throw up on my drive home.

I made it home without getting sick again--barely. On the plus side, I was looking forward to cuddling with Copper and just laying around all day. Copper would have none of it. She wanted to play and go outside and then back in and play some more and bark at me for no reason. What a pain in the ass.

I took Tuesday off as well. I had stopped throwing up, but still didn't feel great, and I wanted to make sure that whatever I had wouldn't get anyone else sick. I laid around and watched a day-long Law and Order: SVU marathon. And continued to let Copper in and out and throw toys at her and whatever else to keep her somewhat entertained. I got no sleep.

So I came back to work today. I have now gone 6-ish days without working out. I just didn't have the energy today to do any sort of workout today. I'm going to try and do something tomorrow though.

Unfortunately, I missed the study group for my class last night, so I'm way behind on my homework and have no idea how I'm going to get it done before class tomorrow night. We have twice as much to get through this week because class was canceled last week, so I'm really hoping we just don't have time to get to it and I have an extra week to get it done.

I hope you're all having a better week than me! And here's a picture of that pain in the ass:



She likes to pretend she's all cute and innocent.
Lies. All lies. 

No comments :

Post a Comment