Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentines Day Came Early at Our House

We had a pretty good weekend. Friday night we attempted to play a video game on Chris's X-Box. Hilarious. I'm pretty terrible at video games anyway, and trying to race cars was just plain awful.

On Saturday I spent most of the day doing homework which sucked, and I'm still not finished because large chunks of it require me to go to the library. Lame. Saturday night we had Jack in the Box for dinner (the bacon cheddar potato wedges are even better than I remember!) and then headed over to the world's worst movie theater. The popcorn machine was BROKEN. We were pretty grumpy about that. We got a Sprite and some Junior Mints and Raisinettes instead. Not the same.

We saw the movie Identity Thief. I thought it was really funny. Chris didn't think it was that great, but I'm not 100% sure he was awake the whole time (although he claims he was) :p They do spend a good chunk of the movie in St. Louis though, which I thought was kinda neat.

Yesterday we finally found the only place in Farmington that's open for breakfast on Sundays! It's called the Factory Diner and it's possibly one of the strangest places I've ever been to, but it was kinda cool too. I should have taken some pics. Maybe next time. The food was surprisingly delicious. I had a Mediterranean omelette which had beef, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, and feta cheese. Chris had some other kind of omelette that had similar stuff, but more meat and mushrooms (YUCK).

After breakfast and a little exploring of the "factory" we went grocery shopping--my least favorite thing to do ever. Except maybe doing the dishes. Gross.

Later, Chris decided to head up to St. Louis to buy my Valentine's Day present. I'm not going to name names here, but one of us is too impatient to wait four more days so he handed me my gift(s) as soon as he walked back in the door (no cards or fancy wrapping for this girl).

A new Vera Bradley bag which I'm absolutely in love with! 


And a Blues jersey! Finally!
(apparently this isn't part of my V-day present
since it put him over our limit...whatever)
I bought Chris a Weber grill because he's been begging for one since we moved (even though it's been way too cold to grill anything). He grilled us brats with onions for dinner and we had broccoli on the side. Delish :)

Today I went to yoga during lunch and it's quickly becoming one of my favorite exercises. The positions are getting a little more difficult, but it's so relaxing and I love all of the focus on breathing and whatnot. Tomorrow I'll probably get back on the elliptical. I gave my legs a slight break on Friday since they were unusually sore and spent most of my time at the gym lifting weights and doing ab stuff.

And here's a picture of our precious little Copper because these posts just feel incomplete now without them:


No comments :

Post a Comment