Monday, February 4, 2013

Sunday Funday

Yesterday was a pretty fantastic day. We got ZERO snow, unlike everyone in St. Louis who got between 3 and 4 inches (ha!).

We attempted to go to breakfast at a coffee shop in town that Chris had tried but they are not open on Sundays. The only other place besides fast food that we could find that was open was a donut shop and neither of us were in the mood for donuts. So we had Jack in the Box for breakfast.

First and most importantly, I discovered that the bacon cheddar potato wedges ARE BACK!!!! Those are my most favorite thing on their menu and they've been gone for soooo long. If you're wondering whether I had them for breakfast or not, well, I seriously considered it, but decided to have a steak and egg burrito instead.

Unlike the tiny burritos you get at McDonald's (and now Sonic--boo), it was a nice full-size burrito and it was pretty darn good.

After breakfast we did our grocery shopping and got our foods for the crock pots. We got all fat, unhealthy things like little smokies, rotel dip and chips, and taquitos. Yummm.

After a nap and finding nothing on tv to watch, we decided to go to Walmart. Here's what we came home with:




A Lamb Chop for Copper

And a 46" tv for Chris (and me too, I guess)
It was a good deal and all that blah blah blah. So we "watched" the Super Bowl on our new tv. And by "watched" I mean ate, napped, and I read. The game was fairly boring (especially since I don't really like football anyway), and most of the commercials sucked. I felt like it was a pretty big waste of time. But what else were we gonna do? 

Tonight I'm going to attempt to make broccoli cheddar soup. Hopefully that turns out okay--I'll be sure to let you know! 

No comments :

Post a Comment