Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Happy Fat Tuesday!

Yes, it's that time of year again. Lent is right around the corner (literally, it starts tomorrow). I struggle every year with trying to come up with something to give up for lent (as if meat on Fridays wasn't enough).

I've done many in the past few years to help improve my health. I gave up dark soda a couple years ago and can honestly say I haven't had it since (and surprisingly I don't miss it!). I've given up all forms of caffeine--tea, coffee, soda, basically everything but chocolate. That also went surprisingly well once I got past the headaches, except for the fact that I was in school and not having caffeine really sucked. I gave up fast food one year. That did not go so well. I'd love to try that again, but given our current schedules, I think it's near impossible to cut out fast food altogether.

I've given up chocolate/desserts in the past but I don't really see that happening. I'm really racking my brain on this, trying to come up with something. Perhaps give up something I buy on a regular basis, like new Vera bags--but then again, I don't usually buy those for myself regularly (unless there's a really good sale!).

It's really supposed to be about bettering yourself, right? Hence all the people giving up certain foods and whatnot? It's kind of a way to get back into your resolutions if you fell off the wagon at some point over the last six weeks.

I'm trying to remind myself that just because today is "Fat Tuesday" doesn't mean I can eat like a total pig. We'll see how that works out the rest of the day...

I'll be heading over to the library after work so I can do the last portion of my homework for Thursday. Fingers crossed that this will be the last time I'll have to do this for this class. It's frustrating.

What about you guys? What are you giving up for Lent this year (if you're Catholic)?

No comments :

Post a Comment