Thursday, February 21, 2013

Snowpocalypse 2013

What does a predicted 4-6 inches of snow and/or ice look like the next morning you ask?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. 

On the bright side, since all the schools were off and many business decided to close, I hit zero traffic this morning until I got to Cape. Everything surrounding Cape is closed in anticipation of what was supposed to happen last night. 

I'm a tad upset I still had to get up and come to work today, but I didn't have to scrape snow or ice off of my car to do so. Win.

And there's still hope that my class will be canceled tonight. The snow/freezing rain/sleet/whatever is supposed to start sometime this afternoon. SEMO is not known for canceling classes due to weather (it's only happened twice in the 6-ish years I've been here), but they have canceled night classes on several occasions. So fingers crossed for that! 

If my class isn't canceled, my plan is to go to Starbucks for coffee and attempt to get at least a little more homework done before class (although I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who will be showing up with an incomplete assignment). 

I'll keep you all updated on the snowpocalypse. 

No comments :

Post a Comment