Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Workout Updates

Yesterday's workout was 40 minutes on the elliptical. I've been increasing the resistance/intensity each week. I started at 15 and I'm currently at 25. I also somehow managed to forget to pack a t-shirt to wear during my workout. Seriously, who does that? Well, me apparently. So I ended up wearing my jacket zipped all the way up for my entire workout.

Today I did core strength and it was rough. I'm finally starting to get better at planks--especially side planks (those are tricky!). We also did a lot of leg stuff and ab stuff that involved legs and I'm getting really sore and tense in weird places. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing. There are some ab exercises I may never get the hang of. Like bicycles, for example. The whole elbow-to-opposite-knee-thing is pretty much impossible for me to do, especially at a fast pace.

Even though I took my inhaler before the class, I was still having a really hard time breathing. And it seemed to take longer afterward for my breathing to get back to normal. Boo :(

I'm really enjoying these classes and my other workouts though. I really wasn't sure how I'd feel about working out on my lunch breaks, but I actually like it. It gives me a break (one that I actually take unlike most of my previous "lunch breaks") and I usually feel a lot better once I get a workout done, even more so if I've been having a bad day.

The only downsides are being all sweaty and not having time for a shower before I go back to work and being really exhausted by the time I get home after work. It's worse on the nights I have class. But it's totally worth it.

I haven't noticed too many changes with my body like weight loss (although I can't remember the last time I actually weighed myself anyway, so I really have no idea what my current weight is). I haven't noticed my clothes fitting any differently, which is slightly disappointing but I'm sure that will come eventually. I've been trying to eat healthier. I make sure I have fruit and veggies in my lunch. Breakfast is usually just cereal. I try to eat veggies with dinner, but that doesn't always happen.

I've been keeping track of my meals, hoping that it would give me some insight to my stomach issues but I haven't had much luck with that so far. Then again, it's only been a week and a half. The only thing I know for sure that gives me lots of problems is fast food, which I've only had once since I started this. As bad as it is, it's so hard to cut it out completely. I'm working on it though.

PS Did you notice it's Wednesday and I'm still posting a blog? Go me! I learned how to schedule my posts! Still, posts on Wednesdays and Thursdays might remain pretty rare. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment