Friday, October 12, 2012

Updates on My Life

Tuesday after work, I met Chris in Farmington to go look at a duplex. We had gone to look at a different one last Saturday and that one was just awful. So I didn't have the highest expectations for this one.

However, it was beautiful. The carpet, the kitchen (which has a dishwasher--thank God!), washer and dryer hookups, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a back deck. I loved it. So we told the guy we really liked it and wanted to fill out an application, so he let us fill it out right then and there. In the dark. (The electric wasn't turned on, so by the time we got around to filling out the application it was pretty dark, but I had a flashlight on my phone! woo!)

We filled it out, gave it back to him and we were on our way. It's extremely hard to be patient when you find a place you really love and have to wait however long to find out if you got it. We knew we'd probably know before the weekend, because Chris told him we'd be interested in moving this weekend. Wednesday night I was trying to Skype with Chris but for whatever reason my video wasn't working. He got impatient and called me to tell me we got the duplex! I didn't believe him at first lol.

But we got it, and we move in on Sunday. Yes, Sunday, as in, two days from now. And cue me freaking out. Hello stress. I'm not a good packer/mover. And this is the first time I will be moving without help from my parents/family, etc. It's just me, Chris, and his dad.

Chris came down to help me last night. We got a decent amount done, but I still feel like I have a ton to do. And it's driving me nuts being at work (when just about everyone else is gone for fall break) not being able to be at home packing.

On the bright side, packing gives you an excellent opportunity to throw shit away! I got rid of a lot of clothes. I had summer dresses that I hadn't worn at all this summer, so I got rid of them. Same with shirts, skirts, pants, etc. If I hadn't worn it yet this year, I got rid of it. And I'm not just throwing all that away. Initially I wanted to try to take some of it to a resale shop, but I don't have the time or patience for that, so I'm going to donate all of it instead. My mindset was, the more I can get rid of, the less I have to pack.

Other stressors in my life right now: Game 5 between the Cards and Nats today. Blah. The election and all these debates. We're screwed regardless of who gets elected, of that I'm 100% positive. But it will be in drastically different ways depending on who wins. And don't ask me my opinions because I'm in no mood to start up any political arguments on here. Also, homework. Just about everything is due Monday. So of course we're moving this weekend. I have gotten some of it finished though, so I don't have too much left to worry about, thank goodness.

Rest assured, I will have tons of pictures to post after this move. So that'll be a post sometime next week (whenever we get internet probably). We will have cable Monday though. Priorities. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment