Tuesday, October 2, 2012

100th Post!

If you couldn't tell by the title, this is my 100th post! I'm excited! I can't believe it. Thanks to all of you for sticking with me and I hope you continue to read and don't forget to tell your friends! Or my family...because apparently some of them live under a rock and have no idea I write a blog. :p

Anyhoo, on to the weekend festivities. As I said in my post yesterday, I didn't eat healthy at all. And I'll tell you right now so that you are all aware (in case you didn't know): McDonald's Monopoly is a diet ruiner. Dear God the amount of Mcds that has been had, and will be had. Ouch. I think Mcds Monopoly is worse than holiday eating. Sheesh. But Chris likes to play. And it's nice to think there's a possibility of winning something, I guess. Just ordering the food is a freaking game. They put pieces on the nuggets but on a large fry and a medium drink. So if you want all those pieces, you can't buy the meal. Gah!

So I spent most of the day Saturday at the drag races with my dad, sister, and uncle. I got sunburned :( When I got home, my mom asked me if it was more fun or more boring than I thought it would be. My answer was both.

I have to give credit to my sister for some of these pics...she's a better photographer than me :)
On the one hand, it was way cool to see all the cars and how fast they go and how loud they are and all that. On the other hand, it sucked. Where we were sitting, it was hard to see the board where they posted all the times and speeds. After almost every single car drove by, everyone stood up and leaned over to try to see the scores. So I saw very few because I'm short, and I got tired of trying to see around everyone else. 

Me and my sister Becky inside one of the Toyota funny cars

Got to see lots of cool burnouts



These were awesome and super fast. On average it took them less than 4 seconds to get to the end of the track. 

Funny cars
Overall it was a pretty good day. We had a few bumps (literally and figuratively) but it was fun. Oh and about halfway through all this, we were covered in black from the smoke and rubber and stuff from the cars. Gross. It took quite a while to scrub it off of my face, which really sucked with my sunburn. 

Becky, my dad, and me
Saturday night Chris and I went to Applebee's for dinner (I had the Oriental salad with grilled chicken) and it was delicious. And we had potato twisters for an appetizer because those are delicious too. After dinner we headed downtown. It was a mess. "Taste of St. Louis" was going on so everywhere around Market/Soldier's Memorial was packed. 

But The All-American Rejects were playing a free show...and once they started playing, it was totally worth it. They are so good live. And I just love their music. They played a few songs from their new album and I was surprised by how much I liked them. 

Sunday morning Chris and I woke up way too early (we never can sleep in for some stupid reason) so we went for a run. After our run (which was about 3.3ish miles) we went to Waffle House. It was my first time (second ever) since I got food poisoning there a few years ago. Surprisingly, it wasn't bad. I had a sausage, egg, and cheese wrap with hashbrowns. Not my favorite, but it was pretty good. 

Later that day we went to the Cardinals game. We spent entirely too much time looking for nachos that were rumored to come in a baseball helmet. We never found them :( We did spend too much money though. Woops. We both got new shirts, food, and ice cream. 

None of that seen here :)
It was a good game and the Cards won! So close to making the playoffs!! 

Lovely pic Chris took of the stadium
We also got knit headbands for breast cancer awareness and they are super cute. Can't wait to wear  mine! :)




Later that night we went to see Hotel Transylvania. It was a cute movie. Too many people in that theater for a 9pm movie on a Sunday night--plus a baby--but whatever. It was good and we had popcorn and I ate a ton of junior mints :/ 

Overall, it was a great weekend, and I've got a lot planned for this weekend too! In the meantime, here's a pic of one of my new outfits from Target:

Seriously, everything but my shoes is from Target




No comments :

Post a Comment