Friday, October 26, 2012

Getting Back at it

So I went on my first run in a very, very long time last night (really, it's only been a couple weeks, but it feels like it's been forever and my body felt that way too). I ran a little over two miles (I stopped keeping track after two). My pace was extremely slow. And I had to stop a couple times--once due to the train blocking my way to the river. Oh and stop lights. Those suck.

I'm glad I got my run in when I did though. The weather was still comfortable. By the time I was about half way home, the wind had picked up and it was raining. I didn't realize just how much the temp had dropped though until I stopped to get gas. Holy cow was it cold and windy and wet. Yuck.

I had planned on working out a little more once I got home and then cooking dinner and relaxing. The only thing that happened was "relaxing" and a shower. I was a little upset about some things and rather than giving me motivation to work out more, it just made me depressed and tired. So I laid on the couch watching movies and such. Never made dinner. I did have an apple with some peanut butter, but that was it.

I was in such a rush to get inside last night thanks to the wind and the rain, that I completely missed the package sitting on the porch with my new Vera stuff in it! I was also busy playing with the poor kitties. They're so adorable. The white one was sitting by our door and the gray one was sitting in the chair on our porch. They're so friendly and they act like they never get any attention (which I'm really not sure if they do). I felt so bad leaving them outside in the cold and rain :(

Back to what made me upset yesterday. First, I got the letter in the mail from my doc saying all was good, no infections or anything abnormal. Cool. Although I kinda figured that if something serious was wrong they would have called rather than sending a letter. Then I opened another envelop from them. It was a bill for $400 for my visit. Not cool. I don't understand why I'm being billed at all. I wasn't charged any kind of copay, and when I checked out, the lady said they'd bill the insurance company. And since it was technically one of those "woman's wellness" exams or whatever, those are supposed to be free (aka covered by the insurance). So now I have to call and figure all this crap out since I can't afford to pay $400 for this stupid visit.

Then I opened the other envelope which was from one of the student loan companies. I was hoping it was a letter saying that my loans had been deferred since I had sent in the paperwork to have my loans deferred because SEMO sucks and didn't do it at the beginning of the year like they were supposed to. Unfortunately, it was a bill stating that my payments were past-due (which, yes my payment was late, but I did pay the damn thing). So they're saying I owe about $200 right now.

I'm beyond frustrated with all this and I don't know where to start. I'll probably just put it all off until Monday though because I'm not in the mood to deal with all these idiots. And I'm really not in the mood to have someone tell me I have to pay all that money.

No comments :

Post a Comment