Tuesday, October 16, 2012

New Place! (sans pics)

The move went fairly well. I only ended up with a few cuts and bruises. I may or may not have lost a few articles of clothing though because the top blew off of one of the totes. Bummer. Oh well, less to unpack!

We got everything moved in fine. The unpacking is an extremely slow process. I don't have class tonight though, so my plan is to stop and buy some groceries on my way home, then unpack and do some homework and watch the debate. Cable was installed yesterday. Still no internet though. So it could be a while before I do a post with pics of the new place...it takes way too long to do all that on my phone unfortunately. I love it though!

I'm so happy with it. And apparently either our neighbor in the other half of the duplex or one nearby has kitties that hang around and they're just adorable. And they seem quite friendly. It made me so happy when I got home last night and the white one was hanging around. And it was there again this morning when I left. So cute.

The worst part about moving into a new place (other than unpacking) is trying to sleep at night. It takes me forever to get used to sleeping in new places so I haven't gotten much sleep. Chris on the other hand sleeps like a rock. Lucky duck.

We still don't have a washer and dryer yet either, which wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't have 3 loads of laundry to do. Blah. Hopefully we'll get them and they'll be set up and ready to go this weekend so I can get some of it done.

Chris did some more unpacking and hung stuff up on the walls yesterday and moved the unpacked boxes into the second bedroom so our living room looked semi-clean :) Also we have a real clock in our kitchen now. I don't think I've ever had one that wasn't on a stove or microwave lol. But it's red and matches all my cherry/his Cardinals stuff.

I know it's only our second day there, but it's frustrating trying to figure out when/where to workout and run. I don't see myself running outside other than on the weekends during the day. Our neighborhood and surrounding area is very poorly lit (minus a few porch lights) so I'm not comfortable running in the dark, especially since I'm not familiar with the area yet. So I guess I'll save my running for the weekends and just do workouts at home during the week.

There is a state park nearby that I wouldn't mind going to on a Saturday or Sunday. They have a few different trails that sound nice.

Sorry again for the delay on all the pictures (maybe by the time I'm able to upload them, we'll be moved in and I can take nicer ones!). In the meantime, I'll leave you with this: Student financial services at Semo will never, ever be helpful in any way. If you want something done right, you either do it yourself, or yell at them until they do it.

No comments :

Post a Comment