Friday, November 30, 2012

13 Things I'm Thankful for on this Last Day in November

It's the last day of November! If you're on Facebook, you've probably seen tons of people putting daily statuses up for what they're thankful for. It got annoying pretty quickly.

And when you think about it, we should be thankful a lot more often than that. Not just on Thanksgiving, or just for 30 days in November.

I'm not saying you need to tell everyone every day what you're thankful for. The Facebook world doesn't need to know (and I'm guessing most of them don't really care). But it doesn't hurt to think once or twice a day about the things/people you're thankful to have in your life.

I used to keep a daily journal of things I was thankful for. I did it for about 6 months straight before I got lazy.

But, in honor of the season and the fact that I haven't done this in quite a while, here are some things I'm thankful for (in no particular order):

1. It's the last day of November and it's 60 degrees and sunny.

2. Chris, for so so many reasons. Mainly that he's a good cook and so we won't starve to death :)

3. My job. Even though I'm having my little crisis and I don't know what I want to do with my life right now, I'm definitely thankful I have a job at all and that it's something I enjoy (except for the parts involving math and money. Yuck.)

4. My new car. Driving so much every day sucks, but my new car makes it more bearable :)

5. Our home. I love it, despite my complaints about driving and the slow drains.

6. I'm actually happy/excited about the holidays this year. I've already watched 4 Christmas movies, and I'm decorating, and our tree will officially be up and decorated some time this weekend. And I'm excited about that. I'm normally a huge grinch, so this is new/weird for me.

7. The houses that have their Christmas lights up on my drive home. It makes my drive so much more fun and pretty!

8. Being in school. I know I complain about it a lot. It's a lot of work and it's stressful, especially now with finals in a week, but I do enjoy it. Wanna honestly know what my dream job is? To go to school. Full-time. And not have to worry about paying for it or having a job. Just go to school and learn. I like learning. There's so much I want to know. And I really want to study psychology. Kind of kicking myself for not double-majoring in psych and english as an undergrad.

9. Weekends. I can't even begin to describe to you how happy I will be when I leave work today. This week has been so incredibly exhausting. We got home super late Sunday night. I had a late class Monday night. Worked until 10:30 Tuesday night. Got home around 9:30 Wednesday night and had a lot to do, so went to bed late. Last night was the only night we went to bed before 11. Unfortunately I don't get to sleep in tomorrow, but I can take a nap at some point (I hope)!

10. My sister sends me funny pictures throughout the day and they always make me smile/laugh.

11. My mom and dad for allowing me to store about 50% or more of my belongings in their basement at any given time.

12. Christmas break is two weeks away. It will be so amazing to go straight home after work every day for a month. And not have homework to do when I get home. Or anything else. I can watch tv all night. Or read. Or sleep. I plan on reading though. I've got a long list.

13. Did I mention Chris? And how he puts up with me and somehow still loves me? And he's a good cook? And he doesn't get mad at me for leaving my books and papers all over the place? And he eats the food I cook even though it's rarely delicious? And he makes me laugh? Just making sure I covered it all. He's the best. :)

Me and Chris at Thanksgiving

No comments :

Post a Comment