Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Weekend Recap, Bruised Knee(cap)

This weekend was not quite as relaxing as I hoped it would be. Nor did it include any of the running I had planned. Oops. Two reasons for that. 1. I slept until about 1pm on Saturday. Again, oops. But it was a glorious sleep. 2. On Sunday we went to St. Louis to go to the Rams game and so I didn't have time to go for a run that morning. 

Friday night we got Taco Bell for dinner, which was not as delicious as my cravings said it would be. Damn. Saturday I slept until 1, then showered, had an apple and peanut butter for lunch and then went shopping. I got two new pairs of flats (which I've been needing for quite a while now). I'm waiting for one of them to come in the mail and I'm getting super impatient and will be kinda upset if I don't get them before Thanksgiving. 

Saturday night instead of cooking like I totally should have, we went to A&W and I got mini corndogs with cheese and I felt like a little kid and it was delicious. We also picked up a couple movies and snacks. We bought Napolean Dynamite for $3 and we also got 1408 and The Santa Clause

Sunday we woke up early (boo) and got ready to go to the football game. This was my first NFL game. I'm not a big football fan to begin with, and I'm really not a Rams fan. So it was interesting. We met up with Chris's parents and got some food at a tailgate (which apparently people do everywhere down there). Then we headed back to the dome. We had pretty good seats, so that was nice. 

View from our seats
Unfortunately, the Rams suck and we ended up leaving early (like many others). We had a good time though and I'm glad I got to go, since I'll probably never go to another NFL game again, unless it's free like it was this time :)

Yesterday wasn't so bad--for a Monday. Decent day at work, did quite a bit of editing (my favorite part of my job) and then we had a really short class last night. I went for a run after work. Not my best, but at least I got out there and ran.

Another crappy picture of the bridge on my run. 
We had chicken nuggets and mac n cheese for dinner because we're awesome and after watching a couple episodes of Family Guy, we went to bed. We live such exciting lives. 

I noticed a nice, big bruise on my knee while we were eating dinner last night. It looks slightly better this morning, but I have no idea what it's from. I don't recall running into anything. And my knee does bruise sometimes when I run. That's probably not a good thing, but so far it hasn't given me a ton of pain, so I'm not gonna worry about it. 

Please ignore the pasty-white skin :)
As far as workouts go, well, those aren't going..at all. But I'm running at least twice a week now, which is way more than I was doing before. So that's something. And I'm standing most of the day too, so that seems to be helping.

Not much going on today. I'm gonna try to get a workout in when I get home. In the meantime, I need coffee. 

Also, I forgot to take pictures of my car. So, I'll try to get around to that this weekend among everything else going on. Woo. And maybe I'll just have more pictures for you in general. You never know. :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment