Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Desks

So I got this text from my mom this morning: 


I was intrigued, so I looked it up. It's called TrekDesk. Basically, it's a desk that fits over your treadmill so you can walk and work at the same time. For $450. I foolishly thought, Awesome! A treadmill and a desk for just $450?! Ha. Wrong. That's $450 for the desk. You gotta provide your own treadmill folks. 

I don't own a treadmill for two reasons: 1. They're expensive. 2. I loathe running on treadmills. 

But in a case such as using it with the TrekDesk, you'd be walking rather than running. And you'd be working too. They have some articles on their site about how sitting all day is bad for you, standing all day is only slightly better, moving all day is best. 

As many of you know, I recently got my standing desk put together and have been using it for almost 2 weeks now. I like it. I get strange looks from people (can you imagine walking into an office and seeing people on treadmills?), and my body is still getting used to it, but I like it much, much more than sitting all day. 

My current standing desk

I wish I had a treadmill at home now so I could try something like the TrekDesk out and see how I like it. Actually, I'd rather have a treadmill at work since it seems I spend more time at work/school than at home. 

Alas, I am poor and can afford neither a treadmill nor a TrekDesk for my home or office. But I think it's a cool idea. Maybe someday I'll work in one of those offices where the company pays for stuff like that. After all, healthier employees means you get more work out of them, right? 

If you're interested in the TrekDesk and what it is/does, you can check out their website: http://trekdesk.com/trekdesk
Or like/follow them on Facebook and/or Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/TrekDesk

No comments :

Post a Comment