Tuesday, November 13, 2012

2 Miles to Start

I went for a run after work yesterday. It was cold :( But I did 2 miles and felt pretty good. I didn't have to stop because my legs hurt, I didn't have to stop because of my asthma. I'm using one of the Hal Higdon 1/2 marathon apps. It says I ran two miles in under 20 minutes and my average pace was 9:46. I'm not quite sure how accurate that is, because I'm a pretty damn slow runner.

The important thing to me though is that I did 2 miles without stopping...except at a stoplight. Boo. Tonight I plan on doing a workout when I get home, and tomorrow I'm going to run after work again. I'm not sure what I'm going to do Thursday. I know I won't be running Friday, so I'm going to try to run Saturday morning and on Sunday too.

I finally got my standing desk! I carried it all the way from my car to my office, and let me tell you, that thing was heavy. And I only dropped it once! lol My arms are pretty sore today from carrying that thing.

 Right now, it is sitting half-assembled in my office because I don't have a screw driver to finish putting it together. And I got really frustrated because the screws it says to use seem way too big. :( Hopefully I will have it assembled by tomorrow. I'm really excited about it, and it's kind of depressing just looking at it sitting in the corner. I also need to move some things around in my office, so maybe I'll do that in between projects since I can't finish the desk.

The main reason I decided I wanted a desk I could stand at was because I now sit almost all freaking day. I sit in my car three hours a day. I sit at my desk for about 9 hours a day. On nights I have class, I sit there for 2-3 hours. On nights I go home after work, I still go home and sit and do homework and stuff for a few hours until bed. In case you weren't adding all that up, that's more than 12 hours per day that I'm sitting.

It's actually kind of painful sometimes to be sitting that much. So I'll be really happy when I get this desk put together. After thinking about it for a while, I remembered that when I worked retail for a few months when I was back at home, I lost quite a bit of weight, and I'm guessing it was partially because I didn't eat quite as much, but also because I was standing 90% of the time when I was there.

I'm not expecting to lose a bunch of weight from standing in one place all day, but maybe it will help, even just a little bit. And really, it will just be nice to stand and work. I really hope I can get it put together soon (without it falling apart, as it has done multiple times already this morning) so I can move all my stuff and get back to work :) I'll post pictures once I get it done!

No comments :

Post a Comment