Monday, November 12, 2012

Weekend Recap: New Car, Family Time, New Casino

I'm not sure if I have a bad memory or that parts of my weekend are so incredibly boring that I can't remember everything I did. But I have no idea what we did Friday night. My guess is watch a movie because we do that at least once a weekend, and probably once or twice during the week too.

On Saturday, I went up to St. Louis to pick up my new car! (And I fail for not having pictures....I was too excited to stand around taking pictures!) It's just as beautiful as I imagined it would be. I LOVE IT. I promise I will have pictures for you by the end of the week. Actually, probably this weekend sometime since I won't be home in the daylight to do it. Boo winter. Saturday was a beautiful, windy day. I picked up my car and then picked up my sister to have lunch with my parents.

Not a healthy lunch, but delicious, so whatever. Then my sister and I went to see our grandparents. My grandpa just came home from the hospital Friday. He looked good, and even came downstairs to see my new car. He approved :) I also got to see one of my uncles while I was there too, which was kind of funny because I was just asking my dad earlier that day about how he was doing. It was nice to visit with him and my grandparents for a while.

After that I took my sister to Target because she's spoiled and obnoxious. I ended up buying her a new shirt instead of a card and gift card to congratulate her on being accepted to Paul Mitchell for cosmetology, which she starts the Monday after Thanksgiving. I'm so excited for her...and looking forward to some free haircuts ;)

We met my parents at church. It was kind of nice going. It's been a while since I've gone. There's only one Catholic church near us in Farmington, and I'm really not sure if I want to go. Still debating that. After church, we headed out to The Cheesecake Factory for my sister's celebratory dinner. It was delicious. I had the Americana Cheeseburger which had a lot of cheese, a lot of pickles (YUM), their "secret sauce" (which is thousand island dressing 99% of the time any restaurant claims to have a "special" or "secret" sauce), and lettuce and tomato and maybe onions. I can't remember but it was delicious. My sister and Chris both had the Macaroni and Cheese Burger. I only had a small bite, but it was good.

Everyone ordered cheesecake. Becky had the Reese's cheesecake, Chris got a pumpkin pecan, and I got red velvet. Mine was okay. Not the best red velvet cheesecake I've ever had. I kind of wish I would have ordered something else, but I probably would have overeaten if I had. I only had half my burger and fries and probably a little less than half of my cheesecake.

After dinner, Chris and I met a couple friends at the Funny Bone. I'm not a huge fan of that place, mainly because of their 2-drink minimum rule. Chris and I both ordered bottled water, and somehow managed to get away with not ordering two more. The comedians were alright. Some of the jokes were really funny, and some were just okay. It's certainly not my favorite way to spend a Saturday night, but we had a good time, and it's nice to change things up now and then.

On Sunday Chris and I went out to breakfast because we didn't have enough milk for anything. No pancakes, no eggs, no cereal. After breakfast we did our grocery shopping. I'm going to try out a new recipe or two this week (one involving chicken which I have never even attempted to cook in my life)...should be interesting. Once we got home we were kinda lazy. We watched some tv, napped, and finally got up and showered so we could go to the new casino in Cape with his parents.

The casino is pretty small in comparison to the ones I've been to in St. Louis. But they had some decent slots. His parents gave us $20, which we lost. We then lost another 30ish. At one point we were back up to almost 20 and we lost that, so we left with about $12. We had fun though. We had dinner at Pilot House in Cape which is probably my most favorite barbecue place ever (and I had my leftover prime rib for lunch today!) His mom even liked it and she's not too big on barbecue.

We got home, baked brownies, and tried to watch a movie, but we got bored, so we watched Family Guy and then went to bed.

If you're wondering, no, I didn't run. I decided to spend a little more time with my family this weekend instead. I am going to run after work today (I swear!). I brought my shoes, tights, jacket, and gloves. Unfortunately, my ipod didn't make it. Not sure what happened to it, but it's just dead. I've tried charging it several times this weekend and for a while it told me the battery was low and needed to be charged. I tried charging it again last night and when I unplugged it this morning before work, it didn't turn on at all. And it didn't turn on when I plugged it into my computer either. I guess I'll have to try and take it to the Apple store and see if they can figure it out. :( I sure hope they can because my car has a fancy ipod port which is awesome and I want to be able to use it! I've decided that if for some reason I'm going to have to replace it, I'm probably just going to buy myself an iPhone instead. But let's hope that doesn't happen.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and I'll have more for you tomorrow!