Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Yucky sick :(

So far this week, I have missed two days of work, both of my classes (although I did take a quiz and get a paper turned in). And I've had about 2 bottles of cranberry juice and half a case of water. According to the Urgent Care doc this morning, I have a uti. Which I already knew. I really, really tried to avoid going to the doctor at all and to avoid getting medicine. Then I woke up at 3:30 this morning bleeding, so I figured maybe I should see a doc for it. I did not however deem it necessary to go to the ER. So I waited about 5 hours. 5 very long and painful hours.

I have spent most of yesterday and today in bed. Exhausted. Watching a lot of Gossip Girl (don't judge) and sleeping. I can't really say that any of it has been restful considering I have to get up to pee at least every 20 minutes or so. I have been drinking a ton of 100% cranberry juice.

I realize it isn't quite the same thing, but I've read a few blogs where people have done a juice diet or detox or whatever you want to call it. These people are generally using freshly squeezed juice from a fancy juicer, but I have no idea how their stomachs handle it. I'm not 100% sure the juice has caused my stomach problems the past two days, but if it didn't, it sure isn't helping. I have felt nauseated all day, and most of yesterday. I went and bought saltines to help settle my stomach. I also had chicken noodle soup, but that did not help one bit. I've been trying to alternate between water and juice, but my stomach is killing me. Maybe I just have a sensitive stomach. Or maybe the people doing those juice diets are effing crazy. I don't know.

Here's a fun little tidbit from today: I completely forgot that the nurse told me that one of the prescriptions would turn my urine orange. I had a mini freakout when I first saw that before I remembered she told me it would do that.

Of course, after this weekend, I had planned on running/working out this week. So far, that has not happened. Kind of hard to go on a run when you're spending every 20 minutes or so in the bathroom. And I just really don't have the energy to do much of anything right now.

So that's been my week so far. Not fun. Hope you all are having a much better week than me!

No comments :

Post a Comment