Thursday, September 20, 2012

Happy Almost-Friday

Yesterday pretty much sucked. My run after work did not. At least not completely. I had to stop a couple times so I could breathe, but other than that, I ran a very slow 1.8 miles to the river and back. And then I sat in class for three hours not learning anything that would be useful for my paper. Ugh.

After class I had a cheese quesadilla because I was too lazy to make anything else. And then Kirsten and I watched Gossip Girl while I made an outline for my paper. It was a really exciting night for me.

Today has been nice. Not too busy. Although here's something that totally and completely sucks: Our new janitor(s?) wears an extremely strong and sickening cologne. Seriously, I have a horrible headache now. And the entire office smells like that. He's also really freaking creepy and talks in a whispery voice. I don't like being by myself in the office when he comes in to clean. Yuck.

I have yet to have coffee today. But I'm about to change that, thanks to this headache from creepy janitor guy. Lunch today was the exact same thing as yesterday. I'm creative like that. After work I'm going to work out and then work on my paper and pack for Chicago! I'm so excited about going.
I also might make a trip to target to see if they have this shelf-thing I'm looking for.

"Standing desks" are apparently extremely expensive (like $800) and that's just dumb. I did some googling and found people who built their own, mostly with a table and shelf from Ikea. I'm too lazy to build anything. But I found a shelf similar to what I'm looking for online at Target. So I'm going to go see if I can find it in the store. If I do, it will soon be on top of my desk with my computer and keyboard on top of it so I can stand and work and be awesome. Apparently standing is good for you. And I do get extremely tired of sitting in the exact same place all day every day. At least if I'm standing, I'm up moving around some. I've also heard that you burn more calories, it speeds up your metabolism, etc. So I'm gonna give it a shot and see how I like it. Once I find what I'm looking for and get it all  set up, I'll post pics.

Time for coffee. Enjoy your Thursday!

No comments :

Post a Comment