Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Health and Fitness Updates

I had yoga on Monday. The poses seemed a bit more difficult than they have been previously. I'm not sure if they were really that difficult or if they're more difficult because I missed last week since I was sick. I still loved them though. We've moved on to working on balance. Monday was not my best day for that apparently. I had a bit of trouble standing on one leg. I think I did okay though since it had been a week and a half or so since my last workout. I did hurt my hip at some point. I've been trying to stretch it but that's not helping much.

Yesterday I did the elliptical for 40 minutes. My first problem was that I forgot to take my inhaler. Second was that I haven't worked out in a week and a half and I could tell. Up until those snow days, I had the resistance up to 35 or so. Yesterday I put it at 25 and even that was really hard.

Today was core strength. We did more partner work than usual. I'm not a fan of partnering up with people in any setting. It's extremely awkward. But the girl I paired up with the last two times seems really nice. Plus she has pretty nail polish. Unfortunately, I forgot my inhaler again today, so class was rough. I've also been having issues with some of the exercises they have us doing--mostly ones that involve lying on your back and raising your legs in the air/straight/whatever. It's not really my thighs that are hurting, but it's like the front part of my leg where my hip and thigh meet. I don't know if that makes sense. It seems like a really weird place to get so sore.

Last night we stayed up late so we could watch Wreck It Ralph:

Yes, we did buy this the first day it was out. :)
It's probably my new favorite. I think it's hilarious. Totally worth staying up late for.

I've been checking foods I already have at home to see what's gluten-free and I was excited that my pasta sauces are! So even though I can't have regular pasta, I can still buy spaghetti squash and use those sauces (I was worried I'd have to make my own or something). I also checked my peanut butter and jelly because I practically live off of PBJ--gluten free! The only problem is the bread. But I will think of something! 

I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for this shopping trip. I know it's going to take forever. And it will be even more frustrating because it will be at Walmart. In Farmington. I'll probably need a drink after. Which reminds me, beer isn't gluten-free. Waahhh! :(

Happy Wednesday everybody!

No comments :

Post a Comment