Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Weekend Recap

Friday night Chris and I went to see Wreck it Ralph. The movie was adorable. The Farmington movie theater? Not so much. I said it was a step up from the dollar theater in St. Charles (this one was cleaner). We had to butter our own popcorn. In what kind of hell do you go to a movie theater and butter your own popcorn?! Farmington, apparently. Chris had to go re-butter our popcorn just before the movie started because the butter didn't get to the bottom half. But like I said, the movie was adorable and I loved it and so that sort of made up for it. 

Saturday was a long day for me. I got up at 7:30 because I need to find and be at the DMV by 8:30 so I could do the registration nonsense for my car and whatnot. Well, I couldn't find it. I drove around for over an hour. GPS couldn't find it. GPS on my phone couldn't find it. I gave up. At some point this week I'm just going to go to the one in Cape because I know where it is. What a pain. 

In the process, however, I found the Farmington Mental Institution and the Farmington Correctional Facility. Fun. After that I went to Plaza Tire to get my oil changed. It took forever. I'm about fed up with that place. I think I'm going to go somewhere else for my next oil change. 

After that I picked up my prescriptions from Walgreens and then went to Walmart to pick up some things for dinner. Unfortunately, we forgot to get the roast out for dinner so it was still frozen. We had brat burgers instead. 

Saturday night after dinner we decorated our tree...which is covered in my ornaments. And we have no tree topper. Fail. And some of the lights don't work. Whatever. we also hung up some other Christmas-y things my mom gave me. And I have adorable penguin towels in the bathroom. :) And in case my grandmother asks, yes, Elvis is on the damn tree. Ugh. 

Photo courtesy of Chris, because his phone's camera is better than mine :(
Sunday we woke up and went for a run downtown. Chris ran about a mile and a half with me. I did a total of 3.14 miles. Then we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast (so much for that run). After that we did my least favorite thing in the entire world and went grocery shopping.

In between all this, I did homework all weekend long. It was not fun. Yesterday I turned in one project. All I have left now is my final research paper and to study for a test. So far I've got about 4 pages written and I need a minimum of 10. 

Last night we had race car chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese, and carrots. In case you're wondering, the dinosaur nuggets are way better than the race cars.  

This morning, my boss and I walked up to the campus health clinic to get our flu shots. This is probably the first time I've had a flu shot in two years. I know for sure I didn't get one last year because I was too sick all the time. My arm is kinda sore from it :(

Anyhoo, enjoy the rest of this rainy Tuesday and the warm weather while it lasts!