Tuesday, May 7, 2013

(un)Officially DONE!

I'm back!!

I hope you all are as excited as I am.

I'm technically not done with this stupid semester because I still have to go to my class this Thursday night. But I do have all of my assignments finished and printed and ready to turn in on Thursday. So pretty damn close.

I really, really want A's in both of these classes. I'm 99% sure I've got an A in my poetry class (speaking of, the book review I wrote is going to be published! more on that later). I'm fairly certain I'll get an A in my research class (a well-deserved one if I say so myself), but at this point, I'm not sure I even care anymore, just as long as I get a B so 70% of my tuition is covered ;)

The unorganization of that class is pretty much what made it the worst class ever. Oh, and the fact that half of what we did was totally irrelevant. To anything. Ever. I definitely plan on celebrating when I get home Thursday night ;)

My summer class starts in June (I think?). I'm not sure what to expect as I've never taken a summer class before and I've never had this teacher before. But it's only a month-ish long (pretty sure it starts in June and will be over before my vacation in July). Next semester is gonna be pretty great. I'll be taking Advanced Publishing (which I took as an undergrad, so I know I'll love it) and Contemporary Poetry. It's going to be a million times better than this semester. Plus, the poetry class is an afternoon class, so I only have 1 night class!

As you can imagine, my 100 Book Challenge is not going so well. I officially have 4 books read. I still haven't finished Book 4 yet (American Psycho). For my poetry class we had to write a review on a book of poetry. Thanks to all the books I bought at AWP last year and still haven't read, I had plenty to choose from. I did my review on A Hotel Lobby at the Edge of the World by Adam Clay. I got an A on the review and it will be published! So that book is technically Book 5. I plan to finish American Psycho within the next two weeks so I can move on to whatever's next on my list.

                       

Copper has pretty much been the pain in the ass she always is. But a cute one :) She's getting really good at sitting and giving high-fives. Yes, we taught our dog to give high-fives instead of shake. We're cool. One of these days I'll get a picture of it.


Have a great Tuesday!

No comments :

Post a Comment