Friday, May 24, 2013

MIA

I've been MIA for a while...sorry about that. I've been enjoying summer (or whatever this season is supposed to be) and trying to relax before my summer class starts.

I've also been trying to run as often as possible. My frequent stomach aches make that kind of difficult sometimes (like at least once or twice a week), but somehow I managed to run 25 total miles  from April 23 to May 23. I'm pretty proud of that, although I'm sure at some point in the last few years I've done at least that much, but given that it's been a long time since I've really run, I'd call that a fairly big accomplishment. 

In other news, look who came home with us last weekend: 

Meet Cocoa. I've missed her so much and now she's home with me! :)

The second bedroom is "hers" for the time being. When she came out of the carrier she went straight for the recliner and crawled up inside it and stayed there for two days. Eventually I tipped the chair over and forced her out. 

She's starting to be nicer to me and Chris--she even purrs now--but she doesn't want to be friends with Copper. Poor Copper is scared of her. A day or two ago, if she even heard Copper coming down the hall she would hiss and growl. Now it doesn't bother her as long as the door is closed. I tried leaving the door open just a crack and she just hissed at Copper and then Copper started whining. Hopefully they'll become friends soon. Or at least tolerate each other enough to be in the same room together. 

We're spending this weekend at my parents house, which means: delicious food (I can't wait for Sunday breakfast--always my favorite), Copper gets to run around in a nice, big, fenced back yard, and ya know, I get to see my family and whatnot ;) 

I'm pretty excited about having Monday off. That means I only have to go into work Tuesday-Thursday! I'm really enjoying working from home on Fridays. Except that when I try to take my "lunch" break to work out like I normally would at work, Copper just thinks I want to play with her. So I'm not really accomplishing a whole lot with my workouts. 

Still trying to eat healthy. So far it's going fairly well. Oh, and the Sensodyne totally works. I believe this is week 3 now? They're still a little sensitive, but much better than they were before! 

Anyhoo, have a nice long weekend everyone! 


No comments :

Post a Comment