Thursday, July 18, 2013

What I've Been Up To

Here's what I've been doing since June-ish:

Hanging out with my dog. She enjoys pestering
me and taking up the whole couch or bed. 

Copper got a new bed! She didn't like it at first, but now
she loves it :) 

We bought a dresser from Goodwill to turn into our new TV
stand for the living room. Chris did most of the work ;)

Annnd the finished product! Chris did a good job. He also
painted a bookshelf and an end table. Pretty sure if I had let
him, he would have painted the whole house. 

Sorry for those of you who don't like bugs. But
I've spent the last month or so trying to kill these
things. I went from being terrified to disgusted to
pissed. I put boric acid down every place I could
that the pets couldn't get to. I'm starting to notice a
slight difference. I'm praying they will be gone soon.

I ran down to the river a few times. With all the rain we'd had,
the flood walls had been shut for weeks. :( FINALLY they
opened them! And the river was still really, really high. 

Copper's close-up. Always in everybody's face. 

We tried to take this fool for a walk. She did
not behave herself. I have started taking her
on mini-walks and she's doing a little better. 

She also enjoys sleeping on MY side of the
bed. Rude. 

We take a lot of pictures of her. We have
nothing better to do. lol

She's so cute when she's asleep. And quiet. lol


She's slowly learning how to catch things when
we throw stuff in the air for her. (You can see the
other table that Chris painted in the background.)

We went to Chicago! And did not eat at this
restaurant. Lol But I took a pic for my dad. 

On the left, you'll see the margarita I spilled
down the front of my white shirt. I wasn't even
drunk yet! Had to go buy a Margaritaville
t-shirt to wear instead :(

Random picture from our long walk all over
that damn city. 

Chris went to Dunkin Donuts on my birthday :)

This is what happens when you walk six-ish
miles in flip flops. Thankfully the swelling has
gone down and it doesn't hurt as much now. 

My margarita from Bubba Gump Shrimp. It
was watermelon and it was delicious. And so
was the food. I love that place so much. 

First baseball game I've ever seen on my birthday! The Cards
lost, but it was still so awesome to actually be able to go to
a game! 

Cards on the field. That guy in the bottom left corner was a jerk.
And he was a Cards fan. His friends--Cubs fans, I assume, and from
Chicago--were way nicer. 

The day after we got back, Chris had to work.
I sat at home with my foot propped up and slept.
He surprised me with HOSTESS DONUTS!
They were yummy! 

And, to be fair, here's a picture of Cocoa. She
doesn't get as much attention as Copper. Poor
thing. But she walks around like she owns
the place! 

There it is. There's quite a bit left out of the vacation part, but I didn't take too many pics. Here's some of what we did though:
Went to see Anberlin. Excellent show. We even liked the opening bands. 
After the concert we ate at a restaurant called Blue Line. I had the Bison Nachos and they were incredible. Chris had a Lamb burger which was also delicious. 

We did some shopping. We ate at a restaurant/brewery called Rock Bottom. We had the "beer sampler" as an appetizer and then we each had burgers. Let me tell you, these were the best burgers we've had in a very, very long time. They were cooked perfectly

Taste of Chicago started Wednesday. We planned to go, but found out it was outrageously priced. So we got pizza instead. We went to Gino's East. Waited forever for our pizza (there was only about 4 other people there). Once it came out though, it was delicious. Not sure it was worth waiting that long for, but it was good. 

We did some more shopping--got me some real shoes to wear instead of flip flops and then went to a Walgreens for an Ace wrap and Aleve. 

We went to Navy Pier a couple times. I wanted to go on a boat ride but we never got around to that. Maybe next time :)

Friday before we left, we went to see Monsters University. Such a cute movie! I loved it :) 

And that's about it. We slept in pretty much every day and that may have been the best part of vacation lol. 

Thanks for reading!