Tuesday, July 30, 2013

New PR!

For those of you who don't know, "PR" (in a mostly athletic sense) means "personal record". When I started reading a lot of running blogs and stuff a year or so ago, they were always talking about how they PR'd at a race they ran or something like that. I had no idea what that was or what it meant, so finally I googled it. So I'm saving you all the trouble :)

The PR I most want to talk about today though has nothing to do with running. My new PR occurred this morning when I made the perfect cup of coffee. That has literally never happened before. It was delicious, unlike the one I made yesterday. Gross and weak. 

And now on the the running achievements: 
My ankle is doing much better. I ran a full mile yesterday without stopping to walk. After that I alternated walking and running, mainly because I just couldn't breathe. But I did that for 4 miles in about an hour. Overall, I felt pretty good. My legs were pretty sore last night, so I'm taking a break today (plus it's raining), but I plan to run again tomorrow. 

The best part of my run was that for the first time in over a month, I got to run down by the river!

It's been too long :(

It was so pretty and was a really fantastic day for a run in general. The temp was between 75 and 80, there was a nice breeze, and it was kind of cloudy. 

For a while now, I've been using Runkeeper on my runs. It tracks my time, distance, calories burned, elevation climbs, etc. Pretty handy. According to Runkeeper, I've run almost 50 miles since May-ish (whenever I started using it). It's cool to be able to keep track of your all-time miles. And it also breaks it down by week and month so you can see your mileage breakdown that way as well. 

In addition to that, I also started using MyFitnessPal this week. Also a handy tool to keep track of what food you eat, calories consumed, etc. And you can connect it with Runkeeper so that your calories burned from your exercise gets added to your daily log in MyFitnessPal. Most people use it for weight-loss purposes. Although I would like to lose ten or fifteen pounds, I'm using it more just to keep track of what I'm eating and my calories in general so I'm more aware of how much I'm really eating. 

If you want to keep up with my progress on those two sites/apps, you can check out my profiles (which are sort of incomplete at the moment): 
Here's the link to my Runkeeper profile: http://runkeeper.com/user/RunChata/profile
And the link to MyFitnessPal profile: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/runchata

If you're already on those sites and want to "connect" or whatever, well I'm not sure how to do that if we're not already Facebook friends, but I do think I can invite people by email. So you could send me your email and do it that way. So if you're already on there, let me know! If not, sign up and then let me know! 

They also have apps for each so you can put them on your phone, tablet, etc. as well!

No comments :

Post a Comment